Can't Burn More Files To An Image

MiLO

Hi Folks. After I burn a bootable image to a DVD, I can't add any other files to it. And I need to. Can you please help with an easy question? What settings do I need to change, so that the disk with burnt image wouldn't be write-protected? Thank You people

aw7ypx.jpg

Edited by MiLO

you cant,,,

ImgBurn doesnt support multi-sessions yet....

you can't add files to an already burned disc...

What do I do then?? I need to burn an *.iso file, make sure it’s bootable, and then I need to add another little file to that disk.

If not this program, what CAN do this for me then?? Thank You For Your Help.

Mount the ISO, drag all its content to ImgBurn Build mode, add your other file/folder to the rest.

Use this Guide for XP or this Guide for Vista/7.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I take it back. Dude, you gave me a guide how to burn a bootable ISO. I know how to do that. I have a different problem!! But thank you

Edited by MiLO

What are you not understand? :whistling:

In the process of making a bootable ISO you can add whatever files you want to that disc untill you fill the space available. :thumbup:

PS. I'm not collecting Thank you's. :lol: I don't have space to store them. :P

What are you not understand? whistling.gif

In the process of making a bootable ISO you can add whatever files you want to that disc untill you fill the space available. thumbsup.gif

PS. I'm not collecting Thank you's. laugh.gif I don't have space to store them. tongue.gif

What you don't understand is: aside from this bootable *.rar file, I want include another little tiny *.txt file with a serial number.

use MAgicISOmaker then

Does this need any setting up, to make *.iso bootable?? Can you please provide me a link for this program??? Also, is it a freeware?? THANK YOU

its not freeware

but its a Powerful tool for CD/DVD image file creating, editing and extracting

Thank You!! I installed it, and it looks like its doing it. Thanx

What you don't understand is: aside from this bootable *.rar file, I want include another little tiny *.txt file with a serial number.

I know, I'm not english native. First you say you have to burn a bootable .iso and want to add an additional file, now you came with a .rar.

What I see in the picture is not an OS instalation disc and even it is in an .iso that you see and think it is a .rar, because you let WinRAR to associate and open .iso files, you can't make it bootable.

So, if you have a real OS instalation disc as bootable .iso and want a .text file in it that eventualy will work as it should, you know by now what to do.

If it's realy a .rar just extract to a temp directory, add what you want and use Build mode.

I know, I'm not english native. First you say you have to burn a bootable .iso and want to add an additional file, now you came with a .rar.

What I see in the picture is not an OS instalation disc and even it is in an .iso that you see and think it is a .rar, because you let WinRAR to associate and open .iso files, you can't make it bootable.

So, if you have a real OS instalation disc as bootable .iso and want a .text file in it that eventualy will work as it should, you know by now what to do.

If it's realy a .rar just extract to a temp directory, add what you want and use Build mode.

Thanx. This is solved for me then. Thank You

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.