How can Imgburn produce better quality burns when it's the drive that's doing the burning ?

Defenestration

I've read a few times on this forum that Imgburn has better burn characteristics than DVDD used to and Nero and ... <Insert other burning apps here> but am curious as to how, since Imgburn is using an external I/O Interface (selectable from Settings->I/O) and the burner itself to do the burning.

Also, LUK! has said a few times regarding other problems (eg. percentage readout does not increment smoothly), that Imgburn simply uses the info that the drive provides. Does Imgburn not simply provide the data to the relevant I/O function which, in turn, passes it onto the drive ?

With the above in mind, how does Imgburn produce better burns than other apps ?

to answer your question regarding " how does Imgburn produce better burns than other apps "

its because its being constantly updated , theres a lesser chance of a bad burn than most other burning softwares ( to namely Nero, <spit>) .

for this reason alone, its more advanced than DVDD was .

lets not forget ImgBurn will happily do dual layer discs, whereas DVDD ended whilst Dual layer was in its infancy .

as soon as any kind of bug is found (which is fairly rarely) its corrected and tested thoroughly , then if need be a new version is released

software like Nero likes you to pay for its "new updated version" then you have to find all the bugs for them ,and waste your discs in the process :o

i think you will find its the majority of beta team and general users who state "it gives better burns than DVDD did "

also, you get the use of this support forum, where your questions are answered very quickly if you poat witha problem , unlike Nero :thumbup:

Your burner has a limit to what it can and cant do. The programs used to do the job can make or break the over all quality though.

I have used nero and I have used IMGburn and YES I get better burns with so far NO coaster with IMGburn then with nero.

Its like anything else really ... right tool for the right job.

Anything you try to do on a computer is like this some software works great with high quality and other software gives poor quality.

But even with the very pest prgrams if your hardware doesnt support the best you will never get the best.

I would stick with IMGburn for buring video though.

t

also, you get the use of this support forum, where your questions are answered very quickly if you poat witha problem , unlike Nero :thumbup:

That alone has to be worth something, not only have the :worthy: guys/gals helped with ImgBurn, their help has also extended to non related puta' probs on many occasion...... :thumbup:

their help has also extended to non related puta' probs on many occasion...... :thumbup:

Like that rather unfortunate rash I had after ......... er........ stroking my wombat. I asked some of the guys and DB said he'd had the same problem after ........ er........... stuffing his Pooh Bear and suggested cold cream applied with a chilled teaspoon. Worked like a charm. Thanks, DB. :thumbup:

=))

That wombat was a looker even Shamus said so volvo......

woods%20wombat.jpg

Its true that whilst firmly grasping my celery stalk I did spill some salad cream but any hot blooded male would have done - look at her - she is gagging for it !!!! :wub:

=))

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.