I Need Help With Everything :(

Tizz

Hello,

Im very confused by all this stuff!! Ive read alot of the topics etc and I did the folder name change thing as well. I have Img Burn, Dvd Decryptor and Dvd Shrink.

I want to Back up my Dvd's and with these programs I am unsure how to do that step by step. I have an External Dvd Burner made by Toshiba that Ive just bought recently and Ive went through almost an entire pack of 10 HP Dvd+R Media.

Can anyone provide the "How TO" step by step so I can Burn my Dvd's Please?? Thank You

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we can't, the step by step bit, but we can help you burn images, whatever they may be, so your best bet is to tell where you are having the problem, or what is it you don't understand, and as long the answer doesn't or won't break any laws we will help you.

Sorry, but that's the best we can do.

Hi,

Im wanting to make copies of my Owned Dvd's and I don't know were to start. Does ImgBurn burn Dvd's and if so were do I begin?

Im not familiar with the Programs and what they are capable of doing. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, ImgBurn will happily burn anything, providing you present it with the correct format file, this format is usualy called an ISO file,

Now, there are a lot of apps that will produce this kind of file, including the ones you have mentioned, but for obvious reasons we can't help you with them.

It is illegal in a lot of countries to copy DVD's full stop, regardless of wether they are yours or not, therefore we need to obide with those rules.

When you get your apps to produce an ISO file, then you find you're having trouble burning it with ImgBurn, we will certainly help you fix that bit. ;)

Ok, What type of Media should I be using for this? At the moment im using HP LightScribe Dvd+R 16x?

Does it make a diffrenece when it says 16x on the box and when buying media what should I be using to get the best quality?

you shouldnt be guided so much by what it says on the box, look for the MID /manufacturer ID.take a look here http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=15 to see what i mean.

the first one in the list is Bulkpak 2.4x DVD+R DL [CMC MAG-D01-00] .the box will say bulkpak but the mid is CMC MAG-D01-00

Ok when using Dvd Shrinker with Dvd+R Media how do we know if we need to use Automatic Compression or no Compression? Im doing this myself and don't know which option to select?

Thanks for the media Info

Ok when using Dvd Shrinker with Dvd+R Media how do we know if we need to use Automatic Compression or no Compression? Im doing this myself and don't know which option to select?

Thanks for the media Info

How large is the file? If it will fit with No compression then you dont need to compress it if the file size is larger then 4.46 gigs then you will need to use Automatic compresssion.

If you are worried about commpression / vs quality you can reauthor the video and burn the main video only. There are other apps out there to shrink the menus as well.

I am not real sure what is ok information for me to give you in this forum, so for now I hope that helps you out somewhat.

Edited by photo_angel2004

Ok ive used Dvd Shrink and now I have NO idea what I did or didn't do Right :( WHen I opened up IMGBurn and I was asked to pick the folder with the files I got a message that said "ISO Write Mode is for Burning disc images NOT Video_Ts files.....

WHat did I do or Not do?

Leave it on Automatic and let shrink take care of it ,if the file is too big shrink will compress it , if it will fit then shrink won't have to do anything and will encode it .When you hit backup there will be a Select Target box and a drop down menu. you can select ISO to hard drive ,after shrink encodes/compresses, open the drive where its stored (shrink will give you a heads up where its stored ) then open IMGburn and find the ISO under Source (please select a file) and burn it

For media I only reccommend Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim

quick Guide for Shrink

Open files, select folder (dvd name) click on +sign Video TS folder opens click ok Shrink analyzes the File (a couple of minutes ) main window opens ,click reauthor ,drag and drop Main movie from left to right and then click backup ,SELECT BACKUP TARGET look at the little arrow on the right click on it and select ISO Image file click OK and Shrink creates an ISO .

Like its been said its illegal to break the copyright on DVD's whether you own them or not, this is what led to the demise of DVDD but the above guide will work to do home movies, clips also after the proper proccessing

Ok ive used Dvd Shrink and now I have NO idea what I did or didn't do Right :( WHen I opened up IMGBurn and I was asked to pick the folder with the files I got a message that said "ISO Write Mode is for Burning disc images NOT Video_Ts files.....

WHat did I do or Not do?

With the program you using you need to save the files as a.ISO file. If you have it saved as an ISO file you dont need to open IMGburn at all just got to the .ISO file ..right click it and select Burn with IMGburn.

And off it goes. Make sure you use good media and watch you speed in burning. You generally want to burn 1/ the speed your media supports.

(Although I never burn faster then 4X then again I use 8X media)

Ok it stopped Burning at 7% and here is the log file...

I 20:22:27 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 20:22:28 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 20:22:28 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:22:28 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:22:28 Found 1 CD-RW, 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD?RW!

I 20:30:50 Operation Started!

I 20:30:50 Source File: C:\CHEAPER_BY_THE_DOZEN_2.ISO

I 20:30:50 Source File Sectors: 2,085,204 (MODE1/2048)

I 20:30:50 Source File Size: 4,270,497,792 bytes

I 20:30:50 Source File Volume Identifier: CHEAPER_BY_THE_DOZEN_2

I 20:30:50 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 20:30:50 Source File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 20:30:50 Destination Device: [0:0:0] TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 TU56 (G:) (USB)

I 20:30:50 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

I 20:30:50 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 20:30:50 Write Mode: DVD

I 20:30:50 Write Type: DAO

I 20:30:50 Write Speed: 8x

I 20:30:50 Link Size: Auto

I 20:30:50 Test Mode: No

I 20:30:50 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 20:30:50 Filling Buffer...

I 20:30:51 Writing LeadIn...

I 20:30:58 Writing Image...

W 20:36:49 Failed to Write Sectors 161792 - 161823 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.

W 20:36:49 Retrying (1 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retry Failed - Write Error

W 20:36:50 Retrying (2 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retry Failed - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

W 20:36:50 Retrying (3 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retrying (4 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retrying (5 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retrying (6 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retrying (7 of 20)...

W 20:36:50 Retrying (8 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retry Failed - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

W 20:36:51 Retrying (9 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (10 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (11 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (12 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (13 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (14 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (15 of 20)...

W 20:36:51 Retrying (16 of 20)...

W 20:36:52 Retry Failed - Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

W 20:36:52 Retrying (17 of 20)...

W 20:36:52 Retrying (18 of 20)...

W 20:36:52 Retrying (19 of 20)...

W 20:36:52 Retrying (20 of 20)...

E 20:37:29 Failed to Write Sectors 161792 - 161823 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.

I 20:37:29 Synchronising Cache...

I 20:37:30 Closing Track...

E 20:37:36 Close Track Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

I 20:37:36 Finalising Disc...

E 20:37:37 Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format

E 20:37:37 Failed to Write Image!

E 20:37:37 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:06:47

I 20:37:37 Average Write Rate: 827 KB/s (0.6x) - Maximum Write Rate: 962 KB/s (0.7x)

Can anyone tell me what all of this means and what I need to do to fix the problem? HELP!!!

How large is the file? If it will fit with No compression then you dont need to compress it if the file size is larger then 4.46 gigs then you will need to use Automatic compresssion.

Not to piddle on your parade angel, but you'd have some trouble with this size file. (It won't fit) :)

I personaly would not go beyond 4.35GB and that's with good media.

Not to piddle on your parade angel, but you'd have some trouble with this size file. (It won't fit) :)

=))=))=)) Is that the same thing as peeing on your party............... :lol::lol: Think I know where PA got that from Ken, SL DVD = 4.7 GB. options in shrink also show that even then I choose custom and lower it more, Like staying away from edge burning............. just in case...... :/:P .

piddle24wy.png

piddle7vn.png

Since I have been using TY blanks no problems here.

I used to have them all 4.35gig

But then again what do I know I am just a "Newbie" LMFAO

Edited by photo_angel2004

=))=))=)) Is that the same thing as peeing on your party............... :lol::lol: Think I know where PA got that from Ken, SL DVD = 4.7 GB. options in shrink also show that even then I choose custom and lower it more, Like staying away from edge burning............. just in case...... :/:P .

Hello Lady PA. Good 2 c another familiar face. How may I help u. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.