I Need Help With Everything :(

Tizz

How much? Don't know, depends where you are in the world, and what shop you deal with.

Easy as pie (as per chewy's post) Uninstall? You really don't have to, but if you do, again as easy as pie.

It's a good start, the thing is, if you don't, you'll never be able to.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

Ive been looking online at different places for USB 2.0 and wondered if I can use something like this----> Belkin F5U231 Tetrahub 4-port USB 2.0 Hub

Or does it have to be an Internal 1? Upon reading the info I believe this is external, does anyone know anything about this product or can you possibly read up on it and tell me if it can be used on my system please? Im not real computer savvy at least when it comes to the Internal part, Sorry

Tizz, is this the hub you were mentioning:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=158932

I think will suit your needs fine. I'm not too much up on this so hopefully Kenadjian or Chewy will be along and he will be able to tell you for sure. Just have patience grasshopper and we'll have you up and running :thumbup:

Thanks for the info everyone, youv'e been extremly patient and helpful when helping me(Confused me that is)

Chewy how hard is that item you listed to install and will it work with my Pc which is a Compaq Presario with WXP Home Edition? And do I have to have and extra space for this within my CPU etc?

Also what about the Belkin type listed in KevDriver's post, will that also do the same thing even though its external?

its only a matter of taking the cover off the box (the left side as you face the computer) removing the blank cover for the slot and then making sure that the side without the screw goes into a recessed area in the back then push the pci card in gently put the screw in ,if theres too much resistance look it over carefully ,with the instructions and software read if you need to install the software first.when you open the computer you'll see how it goes its not hard at all .I could use one myself as I also have a 1.1 usb connection

Well I hope it says what it is inside the CPU cause i sure don't want to fowl anything up!!!

Is the once that Chewy posted compatible with my Computer or are they compatiable with every Pc?

For what it's worth, I'd install a PCI card instead of using a USB hub. The biggest problem with USB hubs are thay are exactly that - a hub - which means that they can only run a single device at a time, regardless of how many devices are plugged into it. e.g. If you plugged a printer and a scanner into a USB hub you would not be able to use them both at the same time as you still only have a single com port. If you install a PCI card, you get 2 or 4 com ports which are independent of each other meaning they can all be used at the same time.

the PCI cards will be compatible with your PC .they are all basically the same just different manufacturers all PCI cards install the same way and there are guides built into the slot and card so you cant screw it up ,,go for it :thumbup:

Will I have to take out the one's already in my computer in order to add the new one? I have 2 usb ports on the front of my Pc and 2 or 3 in the back so im assuming i'll be replacing the one's in the back? Im just worried i'll screw up something LoL. I guess i'll order the one Chewy posted.

Well I hope it says what it is inside the CPU cause i sure don't want to fowl anything up!!!

Have some confidence in yourself. :) I once threw a PC into my neighbours' swimming pool after it gave me the shits. 3 days later I retrieved it, dried it out and replaced the drives and PSU and it worked fine. PCs are more robust than people are led to believe.

Is the once that Chewy posted compatible with my Computer or are they compatiable with every Pc?

These things work with pretty much anything. Most of the time it's just a matter of screwing the card in as Windows more than likely will automatically install the drivers for it.

no you shouldn't have to ,if theres an open slot then you're good to go.If you have to reemove something then dont worry USB2.2 is backwards compatible meaning it will work with usb 1.1 stuff

Will I have to take out the one's already in my computer in order to add the new one? I have 2 usb ports on the front of my Pc and 2 or 3 in the back so im assuming i'll be replacing the one's in the back? Im just worried i'll screw up something LoL. I guess i'll order the one Chewy posted.

I'm guessing (only guessing) that the USB ports on the back of your PC are actually part of your motherboard. (Most modern boards have them included). Also, if I were adding a USB PCI card to a PC I'd spend an extra few dollars and make it worth my while by adding more ports like this one: http://www.expansys.com.au/product.asp?code=111297

I ordered the 1 that Chewy posted the link to, so I should get it some time this week and if I have problems figuring it out i'll let you know. Thanks for all the help, most appreciated.

Hello...... :thumbup:

Ok I got my USB PCI Card today and Installed it with no problems other then the fact that

there was a Metal Bar on it that I had to remove otherwise it would not fit in my Pc.

I tried to Burn and it worked the very 1st time at 4x with NO errors or problems.

I played it afterwards just to make sure it Burned right :D

Thank to everyone that Helped me out, You were all so Patient with me and your Help

is most appreciated. If i have any other questions or run into any other problems

I will be sure to post in this Forum.

;);) Thanks again........ :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: To Everyone that Help

:D

a few years ago I was trying to help a friend add ram to his emachine,

by telephone, I said put it in one of the open slots, after a while we figured out

it wouldn't fit in a pci slot

Edited by chewy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.