drive designations in source list redundant

ManFromAustin

The information preceding the drive names in the source list for read mode or destination list for write mode have changed. Specifically, I have four optical drives and two virtual drives that show up in the list as they should. However, the drive names are preceded by [0:0:0], [1:0:0], [3:0:0], [3:0:0], [4:0:0], [5:0:0]. They used to show up as [0:0:0], [1:0:0], [2:0:0], [3:0:0], [4:0:0], [5:0:0]. I still am able to access all of the drives within ImgBurn but other applications cannot. For instance, when I try to do a quality scan with Nero DiscSpeed, only one of the [3:0:0] drives is accessible. Drives [2:0:0] and [3:0:0] are my new drives (both iHAS424) that I use for burning and scanning.

I know this isn't an ImgBurn problem but I'm at a lost on how to fix it. What do the three numbers mean within the brackets? The change seemed to occur suddenly... I hadn't made any configuration changes on my machine; I was merely copying audio CDs.

I attached a screen grab. I appreciate any insight y'all can provide.

imgburn grab.bmp

They change as new controllers get installed.

Have you installed any recently? Real ones or virtual ones.

The numbers are only used by legacy 'ASPI' based applications and are basic SCSI IDs. (Host Adapter ID, Device ID, Lun)

hmmm... interesting. It appears that my VSO Inspector and my disc analysis program CDSpeed still use this legacy protocol. Maybe these programs are getting confused over the fact that I have two iHAS424-98 drives.

I've made so many changes since a recent reload of my system due to corruption from a registry cleaner and then finding out that my backup and restore program was no longer compatible with my new SATA add-on controller! :swear:

As far as I can recall the only thing I did to my system during the time in question was to remove Ctfmon.exe as a startup process (Microsoft process controlling Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar).

As soon as I get back home I'm going to reload my driver and work on finding a good backup and restore program :) Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply. Peace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.