ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 does not support softlinks

KonradK

In Build-mode when I'm trying to add softlinks to files to the compilation (if simple input is selected), the error message appears "No files or folders were added to the image!", however added names appears on list. If advanced input is selected there is no reaction at all.

Hardlinks are supported without problems.

Ok so I did a little research, and made some 'soft link' files and folders via the mklink command line option.

I found no problem with the folder ones on my OS (Vista x86). I tried adding just a symlink folder directly and a normal folder containing a symlink folder.

Symbolic link files did get recorded as being 0 bytes in size though (as that's what the normal API commands report their size as) so I've fixed that.

At no point were they missed or skipped over though. Maybe post a copy of the log next time. They're classed as reparse points and so should be logged if they're skipped.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late answer. I had notifications disabled by mistake.

And of course I had "Include Reparse Point Files" option disabled too (I even was not aware of the existence of such option). Hence "No files or folders were added to the image!" messages.

Thanks for:

Fixed: 'Soft link' (Symbolic link) files were added to Build mode compilations with a size of 0 rather than the size of the file they linked to.

in 2.5.2.0.

As far everything related to the symbolic links seems to work as intended.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.