IMGBURN STARTUP PROBLEMS

conder

Hello, I hope this is not a duplicate enquiry.

I have installed ImgBurn onto a Windows Ultimate PC.

No errors when installing.

On startup, blue title screen comes up, grey box flashes up very quickly then disapears.

No sign of ImgBurn running on PC (not in task manager)

No entries in eventvwr. No entry in proper section of registry, no log files in user\appdata\roaming\ImgBurn. No sign of ImgBurn at all.

After fiddling around did get registry entry to work, permissions on registry OK. Permissions on c:\ are admin, full control.

Have installed on 3 other Win PC and all work perfectly, loading anyway, have not tried burning yet.

Any pointers or and command line suggestions.

I am waiting on results of the trying the \log option at this time.

User is has admin rights to PC.

Any help appreciated.

Disabled antivirus but did not make any difference.

As PC is over 400kms away over a slow support link, we are investigating another application to replace Imgburn.

I suspect that PC might have to be built up from scratch but Imgburn is the only application causing problems.

You can de-UPX the exe (uncompress it using the UPX program - it's a command line tool)

When it vanishes off the screen like that it's normally because a 3rd party app has killed it - which is where Cynthia's comment about AV came in.

They have a problem with UPX compressed exe files. So once you de-UPX it, it should work just fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.