reading audio cd

dann23

Hello. I have a problem when reading an scratchy audio cd. I tried version 2.5.1.0 and 2.5.2.0. With both version imgburn stops at analysing tracks. in my case it stops at 44 track. the problem is i don't get any erros. it just wait at analysing. I tried with isobuster to make an image and it works fine. so why imgburn doesnt read the disc?

my current dvdrw is samsung 203n and I also tried with an lg. with lg it stops at track 4.

Without know what your drive is returning (errors etc), I can't say for sure.

You'd have to enabled I/O debug mode (press F8) at the point when it's stuck and let it log some extra stuff for a few seconds (maybe 30). Then save the contents of the log window to a file (via File -> Save As) and upload it here.

I doubt IsoBuster scans for gaps between tracks does it?

If it doesn't do the same thing, it's not really a fair comparison.

I attached the log and I had some time to play more with isobuster. I don't know what isobuster does but anyway it sucks :) The raw image made with isobuster is not readable and also when choosing perfom surface scan returned no errors. But when I choose to extract cd content it can't read it. So I tried Exact Audio Copy. I saw that it can use C2 error correction(I don't see this option in imgburn) and it reads the cd. there are some read errors but it works.

ImgBurn.log

Can I ask, how long did you actually leave it going for?

Even if its progress is really slow, the track number being analysed looks like it should be going up.

Am I right in saying you didn't leave it long enough to get to track 44 in the log you attached above?

When it's been processing the same track for 1 minute, that's when I'd give up!

Right now I'm trying to read the disc. At least the tracks that are still readable. So can't I make imgburn timeout when an operation takes a long time and then skip to next track??

Or maybe some kind of progress bar or something to know that imgburn still reads the disk. because for me the log doesn't make any sense :)

Edited by dann23

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.