Log file date

Pudah

I did a cursory scan of the forum and don't think that anyone has requested this before.

When ImgBurn is set to Append current session log data to an existing log file, it very nicely prints some header info that includes the date before it writes the detailed status messages. And obviously this has to be done or the appended log file would very quickly become confusing as to what happened when.

But when ImgBurn is set up to save logs to separate files, the nice header with the date is not written. It also isn't written when one manually saves from within the log window. While it is certainly not as big a deal to have the date when saving a single session's info to a log file, I think it would be helpful.

If adding the header would be too big a deal coding-wise, perhaps the existing [HH:MM:SS] time display on each detail record could be changed to [MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS] (or DD/MM for you folks on the other side of the pond).

I recognize that this is not a critical matter. And I suppose that the user can get the date from the log file creation date. So LUK if you don't feel like being bothered with this, I understand completely. But if it isn't a lot of trouble and you decide to do it, it would be great.

• 3 months later...

Hi LUK,

The change log for 2.5.3.0 says...

Added: Option to tell the program to include a header (program version + date) at the top of log files when saving them.

I've looked all over for an 'Add Header' or similar setting in version 2.5.4.0 but I can't find it. I know I must be looking over it. Can you point me to where in the settings this option can be found?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.