Use with AnyDVD as an external program

trimzulu

I'm not sure if I should be discussing this here or with Slysoft. I use both AnyDVD and ImgBurn in conjunction to rip ISO images. I have AnyDVD's "Start external Program on Media Change" feature set to launch ImgBurn when a disc is inserted. In the previous version of ImgBurn this worked wonderfully. After upgrading ImgBurn only the log part of the program launches now.

At first I thought it was a glitch, or I selected the wrong "external program". I tried it with all other windows closed just to see if the main windows was hiding somewhere and that doesn't appear to be the case. I also took the path directly from AnyDVD and executed it to be sure the path was correct, ImgBurn launches correctly in that case. I'm attaching a screenshot of the AnyDVD settings just to confirm the path is correct.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

post-35483-004630800 1284303920.png

Edited by trimzulu

It's probably due to the way they're spawning the external program.

Notice you get no taskbar button either.

2.5.2.0 no longer uses the 'hidden' main window that Borland programs have always used as its main window, the main window (as the user sees it) is now the main window.

So if they launch the external program and tell it to hide itself, that's why you can't see it.

Point it to a bat file and have the bat file call ImgBurn (using the full path), that gets around the issue.

Why are you using this method of launching the application upon media change rather than the Windows built in stuff anyway?

AnyDVD's scanning process can sometimes take a long time. If I don't notice it's still in progress and launch ImgBurn too soon... actually, I don't remember what happens anymore but it was undesired behavior. I've verified the batch file works but will take your advice and start using the functionality built into windows. Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.