"exe" file to "iso image" ??

laughwu

I have much to learn re computers & am also new to ISO Burners. My query is probably simple, to experienced users. I have been able to burn a couple of iso files to disk & use them no problems BUT I have an "exe" file I want to burn & have been unable to do it & get it to work, despite a lot of time, much "Googling" & trying to check FAQ's here etc.

I think I need to create an "image file", from the "exe file" I have downloaded & then burn the image file to disc OR alternatively & probably much better & quicker, I think "ImgBurn" has a function where I you can go straight from the "file to disc" if I understand correctly. I have tried to do both & have not been successful. I thing the problem is coming with the "exe file".

It is actually a download for "EasyBCD" which is software to hopefully recover my damaged bootloader on my other computer. It probably not important but the link is:

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

with the download being at the bottom of the page, which takes you to the download which is an "exe file". I have Googled & done a lot of searching to find it in "iso file" but it does seem available as an "iso".

With an "exe file" if I understand correctly, you need to get the actual "exe" out of the file I have downloaded & then use that to burn from ??. I have installed the software package on this computer so it has been opened & I have the actual path for the "exe" but this does not seem to work. I am obviously doing something wrong ??. I have made sure disc is erased, have tried different discs & settings but no success !!. I have also tried using the "boot" function in ImgBurn but no difference (I would assume the downloaded software would have "boot" built into it, if it is to repair damaged bootloaders ??). I have the Bios on the other computer set to boot from disc before the hard drive & can get Windows Install disc & another to boot no problem.

If someone can explain without taking up too much of their time, where I am going wrong & what I need to do that would be greatly appreciated. Or alternatively / additinally give me a link with clear steps for the process, that would be great to. Lastly if anyone has a link for an "iso" download of EasyBCD, that would be nice too, but I guess I really need to learn for the future how to burn from an "exe" file. Thanking you in anticipation, any help would be much appreciated !!.

I was asking how to get an "iso" image from an "exe" file so I can burn it with ImgBurn. I only put the link if anyone wanted to check the exact file & can explain how I get from "exe" download to correct "iso" image, that is what I am asking please.

If I confused the issue & gave too much detail I apologise. All I want is to be able to get to an iso & burn it. Any help would be much appreciated. If you or anyone can explain how I do that it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for responding "Lightning UK", unfortunately I am probably not knowledgeable enough to properly put my question. I am obviously not extracting the correct file or not using the correct terms or labels.

You say making a file of a single Windows exe, will be no use to me. What I was attempting to do was make a the software program EasyBCD (which I put the link to in my first post, for this very reason & to try and help avoid any confusion & you didn't seem to be happy with), into a bootable CD.The program has a complete package of repair & even replacement boot options in it !!!).

What I have been asking from the very start is how to get from this download to an "ISO Image". I have called it an exe file because when you go to the download tab/bar it has exe, written after it. I downloaded it then installed it(is it correct to also refer to this as extracting the files??) on my other computer & then I tried to burn the exe from this folder. Obviously this is not correct & is what I have been attempting to find out right from my very first post & tried to give as much information as possible to try & help someone give me the correct procedure.

This reply of mine probably wont even be seen now, it is so far down the list.Thank you for replying & attempting to help, I realise you have many queries & is good of people to give up their time to be on forums. Unfortunately I am no closer to an answer.

You can't make any use of EasyBCD unless you're inside a Windows environment. (Well, so far as I can tell anyway)

So unless you have a bootable CD that loads Windows from itself, what you're doing is a waste of time.

If you did have a disc that loaded Windows (only one I know of off hand is Hiren's Boot CD), you could just put the file on a USB stick and run it from there.

Your issue is not anything to do with ImgBurn (or burning in general!) at this stage, it's about what EasyBCD can do and if it can be used in your situation. For that, you should contact the people that make it.

@laughwu

I think you should read the manual. I'm not using this program, just installed to look arround.

This program can manipulate the boot order if you are running multiple OS's on a single computer and you need modify/adjust/repair the bootloader.

The Bootable disc, I think is a Restore/Install disc that you should have and not what you try to make a Bootable disc out of the .exe

So, install the program and go to "Useful Utilities" and you'll find a button that links to a downloadable Windows7/Vista System Restore CDs.

@LIGHTNING UK!

If you did have a disc that loaded Windows (only one I know of off hand is Hiren's Boot CD), you could just put the file on a USB stick and run it from there.

Another Boot Disc is Active@ Boot Disk based on lightweight Windows VISTA (WinPE 2.1) operating environment and contains disk image, data recovery, partition management, password resetting, data erasure, network access tools and system utilities.

I was unable to run an installed program on neither of those two environments, though the install was no problem.

I think they run just the embedded programs or out of the box programs that don't need anything that can't find in those tiny/light environment versions.

ImgBurn e.g. give the "Unable To Locate Component" This application has failed to start because MSACM32.DLL was not found...

P.S: I don't need solutions for this, I just wrote it for knowledge people...

Thanks "Lightning UK" & "ianymaty" !!

Thanks to both or you for your feedback & help. Thanks "Lightning UK" for your replies & help. I thought initially my query was about burning a file to an iso image/disc. After following up on your last reply it seems the software I was hoping to burn, is not suitable to burn as a bootable iso image/disc. As you say it apparently needs a working windows environment, so what I thought was a query to burn an iso is not relevant & as such not applicable to "ImgBurn Forum". Thanks for your feedback & pointing me in the right direction & your tip on the Hiren's Boot CD.

Thanks to you "ianymaty" for your time & research & giving me feedback on a topic that finished up being not directly relevant to the forum. Your feedback has been helpfull & also the tip on "Active@ Boot Disk", which I need to look at further.

Sorry I have been a little slow getting this reply up, as have been trying to sort out the issue I referred to, but I hope you get to see this final note. Thanks once again for your time & help. Much appreciated !!.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.