ImgBurn 2.5.2.0 fails to install for AllUsers

engine

Dear forum users,

When I am trying to install ImgBurn 2.5.2.0 for AllUsers manually or silently it installs for the current user only. I am using Windows XP SP3. Previous versions installed for AllUsers fine. I am using an AutoIt script to install silently. It doesn't work with ImgBurn version 2.5.2.0 anymore.

script.zip

Thanks.

Edited by engine

I am rolling it out to only 3. I started doing an unattended Windows XP setup about 6 years ago. Just for fun! That's how I ended up learning AutoIt. And that's why I ended up doing all those AutoIt scripts. I did all that just to entertain myself!

The problem with the AllUsers setup is that I use limited permission accounts for security reasons. I don't want to switch to an account just to burn a CD or DVD. That's why I use the Pattin-Couffin driver.

Thanks.

Ok so the stuff you're scripting can be done manually quite easily on those 3 machines. It's just a case of moving the shortcuts to the 'All Users' folder.

Personally, I'd stick with SPTI and just use Nero (or Pokiosoft) BurnRights to give yourself permission on the drives.

SPTI has special features available to it that the other I/O interfaces can't use.

I can code that on the script also. I would have to remove those lines for the next release of ImgBurn. In case it does it right for AllUsers again. I just don't know if it will uninstall those shortcuts.

So you recommend select the option to give access rights to SPTI for all users?

Thanks.

I just updated the AutoIt scripts. In case anyone is interested. It installs the shortcuts for AllUsers. It will work with future versions of ImgBurn. Hopefully! Just place the ImgBurn installer in the same path as the scripts. Then run the ImgBurn.au3 script or compile it.

Kind regards.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.