Help with Cue Sheet Error?

Xenaya

Hi, I'm still kinda new to IMGBurn but I do like the app so far, it works perfectly on my laptop. However, I'm having some problems on my desktop pc. I keep getting an error everytime I try to write an image. I've searched the forums and only found 1 other topic with this issue, but the creator never replied to the person with the exact error message, so here is my message...

I 20:48:09 Source File Application Identifier: CDIMAGE 2.39 (12/04/97 TM)

I 20:48:09 Destination Device: [0:0:0] MITSUMI CR-4804TE 3.0D (M:)

I 20:48:09 Destination Media Type: Unknown (FAILED!)

I 20:48:09 Destination Media Sectors: 371,075

I 20:48:09 Write Mode: CD

I 20:48:09 Write Speed: MAX

I 20:48:09 Test Mode: Yes

I 20:48:09 BURN-Proof: Enabled

W 20:48:09 BURN-Proof is not supported!

E 20:48:09 Failed to send Cue Sheet!

E 20:48:10 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:00:01

I 20:48:10 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

Can anyone please help me with this? I've updated my firmware for the drive but still no luck. The PC is pretty old in PC years :lol: But I don't usually have too many problems with anything. I've messed around in the settings a little bit, just some trial and error, but I don't exactly know what everything means, so luckily there's a restore default button. I'll continue to try and figure this out on my own until someone can help. :ermm:

I dont do any CD stuff with IMGburn but from what I see your drive doesn't recognize the media so I'd start there by trying other media BTW what media is it.I saw stuff on Google Failed to send cue sheet and there are some posts on the forum where LUK did answer questions about Failed to send cue sheet .I believe he said if disc at once (DOA) doesn't work try TAO track at once this might be called incremental in the settings . Tools ,settings,write hang in there someone whose more knolagable will be along

Looks like you have a very old burner there and it just doesn't follow the MMC specs like how the newer ones do.

There's not much I can do with this I'm afraid as the only way for me to fix it would be to have access to one of those drives.

Ok.. Well, I attempted changing from DOA to TAO(Incremental), neither of which worked. I did continue messing with many other settings with no luck.. Although, I did the google search as mentioned, (Can't believe I didn't think to google) and apparently my problem isn't with my Burner, I'm using BIN files which I guess aren't supported yet. I hadn't thought about that since BIN was in the list for "File Association" types in IMGBurn. Does this mean it might be supported in future releases? Either way, thanks for the help.

PS- Yeah, it's a pretty old PC, still running WinME on a P3/933. Still runs great though even for WinME :lol:

I may try transfering the files to my laptop and see if I can burn the files from there since I've burned everything put through it with no problems.

No, it really is with your burner. The 'send cue sheet' bit is actually a command you send to the drive. It's that which is failing. Something in the data I'm sending is not supported by your drive and so it's bombing out.

You're correct though, bin and cue file aren't really supported. However, that doesn't mean they wont work if the bin is just a simple (single track/single session) image. It's just complex bin/cue files that the program cannot handle - i.e. audio or audio+data where you'd then have multiple sessions and tracks.

:unsure: Well, I tried a few other things. And ummm, IMGBurn is no longer even detecting my drive. lol. I found an update for my ASPI, ran the update, and now my drive isn't showing up in the app. It still works any other way, but for some odd reason just isn't showing up in IMGBurn. Sometimes I regret ever getting into computers. Then I end up kicking myself when I find out how easy the solution to the problem is. Anyways, here is the message I'm getting now....

I 18:51:48 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 18:51:48 Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition

I 18:51:48 Initialising ASPI...

I 18:51:48 WNASPI32.DLL - Adaptec's ASPI Layer - ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL - Version 4.71.2.0

I 18:51:48 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 18:51:48 No devices detected!

:blink:

Xenaya, Try deleting Imgburn and downloading a fresh copy. This sometimes will cure your mentioned problem. As long as your burner is showing up in your device manager, and it must be if its working correctly for other apps, then a fresh reload of imgburn will allow it to refind your devices ( cdroms, burners, etc.) :)

Don't get fustrated, even seasoned pros have their problems with computers.......... :'( :lol:

Reinstalling was one of the first things I tried after it stopped detecting my drive. Figured maybe it would refresh/redetect system stuff, well ya know. It didn't work though. I'm gonna quit on it for now and try again Sunday. Also gonna ask around to see if anyone I know might know how to fix this even though I'm usually the one they always come to with the questions. :lol: If I'm not too tired tomorrow I'll give it another shot. lol. I hate when I can't figure something out cuz then I won't let it go till I do. I'm sure it's all I'll think about at work tomorrow. Grrrr

One thing I forgot to ask... what was the exact format of this image?

Basically, it's the number of sectors in the image and the sector type that I'm after.

If you still have the full log of what you posted in your initial post, I need the line above where you copy + paste from.

Or you can load the image and just type out what it says on the main screen.

Ok, I've still not figured it out, but I'm gettin ready to give it another shot. But anyhow, here's some info

It's a BIN & CUE file

Sectors: 320,412 (MODE1/2352)

That's pretty much the only info I can get to at the moment since it's not detecting my drive. Before, the window on the right was full of info, but nothing now. I've thought about just downloading the trial of Alcohol to get this done, but I would really rather figure out why this isn't working.

Thanks again for the support, I'm gonna go get crackin on this thing and hopefully I'll get it working.

EDIT ADD:: Good news. I went to the FAQ topic with the ASPI error, and first, I tried doing it manually, but for some odd reason I didn't have the APIX or whatever it was, so I went ahead and downloaded the reg fix and now it's finding my device once again, but I'm still getting the cue sheet error again. :huh:

Edited by Xenaya

Ok, that's like the most basic image ever.

Even if the drive doesn't support 2352 as a sector size for SAO / Cue sheet type burning, it should support 2048, which the program automatically drops back to and attempts.

As such, I'm guessing your drive doesn't support cue sheet burning at all and that it probably relies on Track at once (which ImgBurn doesn't support).

The only way to confirm my suspicions is for you to attempt another burn of that same file, but just before you hit the 'Write' button, press F8.

It'll then start putting loads of I/O debug code into the log.

Once it has errored out and you've clicked ok, just press F8 again to disable I/O debug mode.

The click 'File' on the log window and 'Save' the log to a file.

You can attach that log file to your next post if you go via the 'Add Reply' screen rather than the 'Fast Reply' box.

I 18:38:39 CDB Interpretation: Send Cue Sheet

I 18:38:39 BUFFER: 41 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 41 01 00 11 00 00 00 00 41 01 01 11 00 00 02 00 41 AA 01 14 00 47 0E 0C

E 18:38:39 SENSE: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

E 18:38:39 SENSE Interpretation: Invalid Command Operation Code

I 18:38:39 [0:0:0]MITSUMI CR-4804TE 3.0D (M:)

I 18:38:39 CDB: 5D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00

I 18:38:39 CDB Interpretation: Send Cue Sheet

I 18:38:39 BUFFER: 41 00 00 14 00 00 00 00 41 01 00 10 00 00 00 00 41 01 01 10 00 00 02 00 41 AA 01 14 00 47 0E 0C

E 18:38:39 SENSE: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

E 18:38:39 SENSE Interpretation: Invalid Command Operation Code

Yup, going by the 'Invalid Command Operation Code' error, you drive doesn't support cue sheet burning methods.

Try flicking the 'Write Type' option over to 'Incremental' in the settings (on the 'Write' tab).

If you ever ditch that drive and get a dvd burner, remember to switch it back to DAO.

Just for you, I've made SAO revert to TAO if it fails on the 'Send Cue Sheet' command with the error message saying the command is invalid.

I have no way of telling if another command then used later on will cause it to fail again (all my drives support SAO), but at least I've had a go.

If you try version 2 when I release it, please do come back and let me know if it doesn't work. I can do a quick fix and nobody would ever notice ;)

I will definately try v2 out. I do like the app, and I can let you know if it works any better for me on this. Money is kinda tight for me right now so I won't be upgrading my hardware anytime soon, but my laptop is still goin good enough for me right now. I just keep this one around for older gaming and storage.

I tried changing write types too already but didn't work for me.

Anyway, I'll keep checking back now and then for a new release, thanks again for helping figure out this problem.

lol yeah sorry, whilst doing the TAO stuff I noticed a whole load of problems with CDs and the Incremental write type.

I can't have ever actually tried it on CD (it's was specifically added as a workaround for a problem with a Pioneer DVD burner) because even when Incremental was selected, it would still run the 'Send Cue Sheet' command - and it shouldn't have been doing that.

• 2 years later...

Not exactly the same, no.

With that error code it should mean the drive does support cue sheets (SAO writing) but it doesn't like one of the values in the cue sheet I'm sending.

Without having that drive in front of me it would be a hard thing to fix but really it just comes down to your drive not fully supporting/adhering to the MMC specs (which modern drives should).

Without having that drive in front of me it would be a hard thing to fix but really it just comes down to your drive not fully supporting/adhering to the MMC specs (which modern drives should).

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

It wouldn't be a problem to send the drive to you, but since it is rather antique it would make more sense to simply replace it. :)

I just use it because it is there and still works, so I don't care about that any further.

• 5 months later...

I'm getting the same 'Could not send cue sheet' error when trying to burn an ISO. I've burnt the same ISO previously with no problem, so I am confused.

I get this in the log:

E 23:56:41 SENSE: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 00 00

E 23:56:41 SENSE Interpretation: Invalid Field in CDB

E 23:56:41 Failed to send Cue Sheet!

As I've burnt the image successfully before, I guess either my drive is failing or my settings are wrong?

EDIT: I've tried another program, ISO Recorder, which informs me that my media is 'blank writable unusable'. I've tried various DVDs so I guess my drive is at fault.

imgburnlog.log

Edited by Sloper59

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.