Defective burns -- not random

Loren

I'm going nuts here.

I can burn a DVD no problem but I'm getting problems burning a CD.

Miscompare at LBA: 10, Offset: 14 Device: 0x10 Image File: 0x0A

And each sector after this the values for both the device and the image increment by 1 up through 74 for the original then it starts over. I don't know if the problem is on the write (they seem to play ok but it's video, not data, some errors might not cause harm) or verify.

I find the fact that the device value is the decimal of the hex value of the image very interesting.

I suspected AnyDVD but when I rebooted without it, no change. It shouldn't have had any effect anyway as it was turned off for the burner.

I tried burning to an external drive instead--exactly the same problem.

The files I'm burning are .nrg's created with Nero 6.

I've tried reinstalling Imgburn, no change.

Looking through my tray for anything else potentially suspect I tried disabling ZoneAlarm. No change.

That's the time reference for the sector. It's in the header part of the full sector, not the data area itself (or in the ecc/edc regions after it).

The drive is just correcting it because (as I've now just read), the value should be in BCD, not Decimal.

That's why you're seeing one as a hex representation of the other.

It's not often my program has to add the header to data and having looked at the code, I think it might be wrong. That said, without knowing the exact details of the image you're loading, I don't know if my programs sector conversion routine is even coming into play!

What info does it say on the main screen once you've loaded the image?

i.e. what is the sector format / mode.

Whatever happens, I'll have a mess around tomorrow morning and if it turns out that my code is wrong, I'll fix it.

So anyway, you've nothing to worry about, the disc is fine. *

*You said this was a video cd yeah? VCD's contain 2 tracks and ImgBurn can't handle that. It'll burn the whole nrg file as a single track.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.