Looking for options when running from the command line

deadbug

I've put together a ruby script to build an IBB file for my DVD (BTW: thanks for the speedy help in the other thread).

I can fire up ImgBurn to have it produce an ISO that I can then test in VirtualBox.

That's mostly fine except for a few dialog boxes I cannot find an option for and a minor niggle.

The command line is

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /SRC "D:\AIO\aio-dvd.ibb" /DEST "D:\AIO\aio-dvd.iso" /START /CLOSE /INCLUDEHIDDENFILES /INCLUDESYSTEMFILES

The issues I'm trying to overcome:

• It spends time checking drives: I'm going to write an ISO, can I skip this step somehow?
  • It throws up an info dialog box to tell me how big the image will be.
  • It warns me that it will overwrite the previous ISO I wrote.
  • I'd sometimes like to "Optimise Duplicate Files" and sometimes not (it's slow, so I want to avoid it during testing)

There's talk of a .ini file but nothing tells me what to put in it and I cannot find an example ...

Thanks

What do you mean by checking drives exactly?

Could it be the bit where it checks hdds for their file system (and thus, their max supported file size) ? There's an option to stop it doing that in the settings. (Warnings -> Maximum file size)

IF you mean where it initialises optical drive... no that can't be skipped. Even when I have 12 drives active, it only takes a second or two. You'll just have to live with it!

/NOIMAGEDETAILS will get rid of the one telling you the size of the image. This is mentioned in the ReadMe.txt file.

/OVERWRITE YES will get around the overwriting an existing image prompt (or at least it should do) - again, this is mentioned in the ReadMe.txt file

I've just added /OPTIMISEDUPLICATEFILES so you'll be able to enable that option whenever you want via CLI.

The ini file you're talking about is where the settings are read from/saved in an ini rather than the registry. Use the /SETTINGS switch to make one - read the ReadMe.txt !

What do you mean by checking drives exactly?

I think it's where it was initialising the optical drives. yesterday it was taking maybe 5s, today it's almost instant.

/NOIMAGEDETAILS will get rid of the one telling you the size of the image. This is mentioned in the ReadMe.txt file.

I did read it - honest. I completely missed that somehow.

/OVERWRITE YES will get around the overwriting an existing image prompt (or at least it should do) - again, this is mentioned in the ReadMe.txt file

I read that too but I presumed it meant it would wipe a re-writeable disc before starting. It works just as you say it should.

I've just added /OPTIMISEDUPLICATEFILES so you'll be able to enable that option whenever you want via CLI.

Thanks.

The ini file you're talking about is where the settings are read from/saved in an ini rather than the registry. Use the /SETTINGS switch to make one - read the ReadMe.txt !

Given that I forgot to turn on email notifications I had plenty of time to mess around :sleeping:!

I was looking for the ImgBurn.ini that it mentions and didn't manage to find it. I eventually tried /SETTINGS from the command line, generated a sample and then kept just the line that I wanted. I think it does the job (although the CLI option you've added does make it simpler for me as I have no other use for that ini file and using the CLI means I don't have to have my script clean up after me).

Many thanks for the help (and the great app).

Minor issue - with this command line:

C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /SRC "D:\AIO\aio-dvd.ibb" /DEST "D:\AIO\aio-dvd.iso" /START /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /OVERWRITE YES /INCLUDEHIDDENFILES /INCLUDESYSTEMFILES

I get a new MDS file every time: aio-dvd.mds, aio-dvd(1).mds, aio-dvd(2).mds etc.

Is there something I can do to suppress these? (They're not big, but I have to keep clearing them down as I'm testing).

The ISO file is simply overwritten as required - is there an option to do the same for the .MDS file?

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.