Error Upon Closing ImgBurn

EpheMeroN

I am using ImgBurn v1.3.0.0.

The images burn fine, but when I shutdown the program, I get this error each time:

untitled3tx1.jpg

I believe this all started because after a burn completed about a week ago, I ejected the disc while ImgBurn was re-reading the disc information due to the burning process just completing.

However, now even if I just open the program and exit out, I will receive the error above. I'm sure rebooting will stop it from happening but I thought I should post about it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That instruction address looks like it's outside of where my programs code would be.

Ejecting the disc wouldn't change/breaj anything anyway. Unless you somehow magically modified the exe, reloading it shouldn't do anything.

If there is an I/O interface (in the settings) that you DO NOT have installed, select it and then close the program. Reopen + Reclose. Does it still error out?

Not that configuration settings should ever cause that sort of problems but at a last attempt, do try and uninstall + reinstall the app.

Am I also to assume you're running on Windows 2000 there? or something else? (maybe you just run 16bit colour in XP?)

What I'm saying is that you should configure your I/O interface to one that's not installed (basically so no I/O stuff will be initialised).

Then see if you still get the error.

Then put it back to what it was.

btw, is any part of the main window still open when you get this error or is there nothing left on the screen from ImgBurn?

What I'm saying is that you should configure your I/O interface to one that's not installed (basically so no I/O stuff will be initialised).

Then see if you still get the error.

Then put it back to what it was.

btw, is any part of the main window still open when you get this error or is there nothing left on the screen from ImgBurn?

Yes, I still get the same error, and I also get the same error when putting it back to SPTI.

There is nothing left on the screen when I exit out of ImgBurn. When ImgBurn exits is when I receive the error.

I've no idea then, sorry.

I've never had such an error, not in all the months of testing since 1.3.0.0 was released. 99% of the time I can reproduce real bugs, if not on my normal XP / 2003 OS's then on the others I also try (95 / 98 / Me / NT4 / 2000). I've never had a crash like that on any of them.

If it used to work for you, it might be an idea to think what you'd installed / updated since that time. Something must have changed, it's just a case of figuring out what exactly.

• 3 weeks later...

"The instruction at "0x7c80d189" referenced memory at "0x7815ecdf". The memory could not be read."

I am also getting the above message only since I updated to 1.3.0.0. Have now gone back to 1.2.0.0 doesn't seem to create the error on closing. But has not stopped the ImgBurn error read message when I use Ulead VideoStudio SE 8. It comes up at the end of convert and start of actual burn of disc or creation file. Nero has a problem but just freezes computer now and I don't know for sure that these problems are related.

Robert

How's your hard drive?

This type of error can (but not always) be indicitive of certain hard drive problems, such as overheating, corrupted cache data, seek errors, corrupted virtual memory sector, etc. And occasionally when windows starts to write virtual memory and all of a sudden the disk fills up before windows completes. This one usually crashes explorer.

One of the more common ones is when the hard drive is overheating AND a prog either takes control of the cache (when starting the prog) or relinquishes control (when closing the prog). Turning off the computer for a couple hours usually helps for a little while, and installing a hard drive cooler should help permanently.

How's your hard drive?

This type of error can (but not always) be indicitive of certain hard drive problems, such as overheating, corrupted cache data, seek errors, corrupted virtual memory sector, etc. And occasionally when windows starts to write virtual memory and all of a sudden the disk fills up before windows completes. This one usually crashes explorer.

One of the more common ones is when the hard drive is overheating AND a prog either takes control of the cache (when starting the prog) or relinquishes control (when closing the prog). Turning off the computer for a couple hours usually helps for a little while, and installing a hard drive cooler should help permanently.

Any suggestion on how I can go about "corrupted cache data, seek errors, corrupted virtual memory sector, etc. And occasionally when windows starts to write virtual memory and all of a sudden the disk fills up before windows completes. This one usually crashes explorer." fixing or testing this area of my computer.

Thanks for the reply. :thumbup:

Robert1

run chkdsk on the hdd via the command prompt.

something like:

chkdsk C: /R

Then download + run 'memtest+' to check your ram is ok. It'll make you a floppy disc to insert when the computer reboots.

That error message looks like it's something the kernel is doing. It's certainly in the right region of memory. Is your OS fully patched up on service pack 2?

• 1 month later...
run chkdsk on the hdd via the command prompt.

something like:

chkdsk C: /R

Then download + run 'memtest+' to check your ram is ok. It'll make you a floppy disc to insert when the computer reboots.

That error message looks like it's something the kernel is doing. It's certainly in the right region of memory. Is your OS fully patched up on service pack 2?

I am also getting this error. When I last used ImgBurn, it closed with no errors or faults. Today, I open ImgBurn just to look around no burning, no disc in drive, and when I closed it, thats when I received the fault.

I'll include a screen shot.

Windows MultiMedia

SP2 all updates

ImgBurn ver 2.1.0.0

NEC 8520A, latest firmware

• 2 weeks later...
As above, have you installed anything else ?

I am still getting this error upon closing ImgBurn, each and every time. The exact same memory error involving memory range. I had not used the program to burn, just open and closed the program. I have two differant DVD burners and I am using MS Media Center edition 2002, Service Pack 2. I have 2 gigs of ram and at least 200 gigs of free hard drive space. All three drives are defragged and I have 83% free ram. This problem first occured when I updated to ImgBurn 2.1.0.0. I have no other systems errors and ImgBurn works fine.

Edited by Rastus2

this kind of error usually happens with defective RAM memory modules...

ImgBurn is the only program (at this point) that has this problem. Wouldn't this issue show up when running another piece of software?

Edited by Rastus2

Yes, and you should be getting BSODs/spontaneous restarts etc if your memory is duff.

How doers it go in safe mode? Have you done a virus/spyware scan lately?

Regards

Have you tried re creating the page file incase it has become corrupt ?

And certainly error check your hard drives with the box automatically fix file system errors ticked.

I would be scanning for viruses and spyware as well.

Then change memory/ reseat memory, or change your PSU.

Yes, and you should be getting BSODs/spontaneous restarts etc if your memory is duff.

How doers it go in safe mode? Have you done a virus/spyware scan lately?

Regards

I am using ZoneAlarm, I am running two anti virus programs and I scan every two days with spybot and adaware software and I'm also behind two routers :) I think I am clean. Heavy on the system, but clean.

Since I am using the MS Media Center software, could that do it? I have had been bothere by MS netframe work shut down issues.

p.s. I know this sounds trite, but how do I get into safe mode?, this thing boots pretty quick.

thanks

What you really need to do is attach a debugger to the exe and see what's going on when it crashes. Something like windbg from microsoft (it's free) would do the trick.

Those addresses are not part of my exe so it's probably some extension not playing nicely.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.