Is This Possible? (See Inside)

y0himba

Hello.

I am old, so be gentle with me. There is so much information here that it is hard for me to follow, so I am asking after searching to get a straight, easy to understand answer.

Here is my situation. I have 1080p .MKV Blu-Ray files that I am converting to AVCHD format. I know how to specify the root and I know that the resulting disc plays perfectly in my player. It is a "Blu-Ray on DVD" format. Currently I convert, use ImgBurn to create an ISO image, then use CDBurnerXP to burn the ISO to DVDRW without finalizing the disc. That way I can erase it, re-use the DVDRW for another AVCHD. I would prefer to use only ImgBurn. I have also read that there will not be a "Do not close disc" option. However, maybe since I am using a DVDRW I am missing something that will enable me to do what I am trying to figure out.

I am trying to do one of two things with ImgBurn.

1. Burn the directory structure as is to a DVDRW and be able to erase the DVDRW for re-use. ImgBurn recognizes the directory structure as a Blu-Ray.

Or

2. Burn the ISO to a DVDRW but again be able to erase the DVDRW for later re-use.

Telling me to search, which I have already done, is not help. Any polite, intelligent help is appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

Hello.

I am old, so be gentle with me. There is so much information here that it is hard for me to follow, so I am asking after searching to get a straight, easy to understand answer.

Here is my situation. I have 1080p .MKV Blu-Ray files that I am converting to AVCHD format. I know how to specify the root and I know that the resulting disc plays perfectly in my player. It is a "Blu-Ray on DVD" format. Currently I convert, use ImgBurn to create an ISO image, then use CDBurnerXP to burn the ISO to DVDRW without finalizing the disc. That way I can erase it, re-use the DVDRW for another AVCHD. I would prefer to use only ImgBurn. I have also read that there will not be a "Do not close disc" option. However, maybe since I am using a DVDRW I am missing something that will enable me to do what I am trying to figure out.

I am trying to do one of two things with ImgBurn.

1. Burn the directory structure as is to a DVDRW and be able to erase the DVDRW for re-use. ImgBurn recognizes the directory structure as a Blu-Ray.

Or

2. Burn the ISO to a DVDRW but again be able to erase the DVDRW for later re-use.

Telling me to search, which I have already done, is not help. Any polite, intelligent help is appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

“ImgBurn recognizes the directory structure as a Blu-Ray”

Use build mode to create ISO (UDF 2.50) and then write Image to disc.

Any DVD±RW is rewritable media, whether you close the session or not you can erase it over again and reuse it for your next project.

Edited by Psychiczny

You complicate things with no reason.

Use Build mode and set target to drive, no need to create the intermediate ISO. Follow this Guide http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512

You can erase the DVDRW no matter if it is closed or not at any time you want.

When ImgBurn close the disc, it is not possible to continue that session to add more data to that disc but after erase you have again the empty disc at your will to burn on it again.

ImgBurn will prompt you if the disc needs to be erased before you attempt a new burn.

Keep in mind that DVDRW are not so reliable in time and you have to to handle it with care to prevent it from scrathes and fingerprits. As long as it is in good shape, no problem to rewrite on it at any time.

So do I use DAO or SAO? I am unfamiliar with the terms since I have used other software so much.

• SAO=Session At Once? Does that close the session but leave the disc open for erasing or adding more data?
  • TAO=Track At Once? Again, closes the track but not the disc so I can erase it or add more data later?
  • DAO=Disc At Once? Meaning it writes and closes the disc and no more data can be written to it and it cannot be erased later?

(Bearing in mind these questions all relate to DVD Re-Writables not DVD-Writeables.)

Edited by y0himba

So do I use DAO or SAO?

ImgBurn let you choose between "DAO/SAO", "TAO" or "Incremental", so no only "DAO" or "SAO".

Use DAO/SAO regardless of media R or RW

Whatever write type you use, if it is an RW disc you will allways be able to erase and write again that disc, don't get confused by closing the session or the disc fact.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.