'Successful' message delay?

terrypin

I'm using version 2.5.4.0. Recently it seems that the (very welcome) 'Successful completion' message is taking a long tme to appear. Not even sure if it would appear at all if I didn't go looking for it (Alt+Tab, etc.) Perhaps 1 minute elapses after the 'completion jingle' before it's popping up these days.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I'm pretty sure it's always there, it might just be hidden behind something. Try leaving the middle of your screen free so you can see it appear.

Thanks. On the next run I minimised everything except ImgBurn (and ImgBurn Log) but the message still wasn't visible. Then I clicked the ImgBurn window and it appeared.

I'm pretty sure that previously it used to pop up on top of everything else, as soon as the jingle was played?

--

Edited by terrypin

All of the messages in ImgBurn go through a single function... and it's not something I've changed in ages.

When you clicked the ImgBurn window, did the message then appear in the middle (hopefully empty!) part of your screen?

Did ImgBurn not already have focus before you clicked on it?

What OS are you running?

I'm running XP Pro.

I did another run since my last post and made careful notes of the behaviour. This is close to what I saw on completion.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/ImgBurn-Completion-1.jpg

I say 'close' because that screenshot was taken later and it differs from the original appearance in one important respect: neither window had focus (both title areas were grey).

Clicking didn't return focus to ImgBurn. So it couldn't be closed or minimised. I tried removing the finished DVD at this stage but that made no difference. What DID, was that after I activated my video editor, Magix Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus (which I'd deliberately kept open) I was then able to activate ImgBurn, and the completion message duly appeared.

Next time, to test my tentative conclusion that MEP17+ is behind this odd behaviour, I'll close it before I start the burn.

--

If clicking doesn't return focus, it's probably due to the invisible 'Successful' messagebox on the screen.

You should get 'ding' noises through your speakers when you try to click either of the ImgBurn windows - correct?

At that point, try just pressing the 'Enter' key on your keyboard. That should acknowledge the messagebox (i.e. emulate clicking the 'OK' button) and mean you're free to interact with the main windows once again.

p.s. You should put 2.5.5.0 on now ;)

If clicking doesn't return focus, it's probably due to the invisible 'Successful' messagebox on the screen.

You should get 'ding' noises through your speakers when you try to click either of the ImgBurn windows - correct?

No, but only because I have Default Beep disabled in CP > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sounds.

At that point, try just pressing the 'Enter' key on your keyboard. That should acknowledge the messagebox (i.e. emulate clicking the 'OK' button) and mean you're free to interact with the main windows once again.

p.s. You should put 2.5.5.0 on now ;)

Installed 2.5.5.0 and did another burn. Similar results. It's down to MEP17 I'm sure, because if I minimise that I can then click ImgBurn which returns focus to it and simultaneously displays the success message. MEP has some occasional quirky effects on other programs too!

--

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.