Changing the layer break?

Yesallright

Hello, I've created a DVD9 DVD-Video folder (100% full) but I'm not happy with the layer break position (only one available from ImgBurn). Is there a way to create a new position for the break? I've seen 'The End Of The World' guide, but how do I get the information about required VTS, PGC etc.? Using Verbatim DVD+R DL of course.

Thanks a lot.

imgburne.th.png

You should be able to create some new cells by doing it in the VTS_03_*.VOB row in VobBlanker (select that one in the left corner of the program) then in the lower window of VobBlanker you should select PGC1 and double click. In the next window you should select Cell 1 as the current suggested break by ImgBurn is between cell 1 and cell 2. So try to find a place just before cell 1 ends, or in the beginning of cell 2 a movie part that is not so vital for you to have the layer break at (perhaps a scene shift). You can create as many layer breaks as you wish (I think the limit is 32 ones / cell).

Suggest you take a copy of the current VIDEO_TS folder to another part of your hard disk and just do some experimenting. If it should go really bananas - just copy over the copy and start again (there is also an undo function in VobBlanker).

There is also a nice guide here written by blutach, that should give you some more clues.

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/splitting_cells/index.htm

Have you tried the seam less option? If your player supports, you shouldn't notice the layer break at all. At least I tried to see it on my player in the middle of a scene - but couldn't spot any hiccup.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.