Can't find ISO file after running DVD Shrink

TerryR40

I just ran DVD Shrink on "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps". When it had finished encoding, (Imgburn was enabled) I got a popup error message telling me that Imgburn Cannot open ISO file. Reason: system cannot find file specified.

I browsed with Explorer (I'm running Win 7) and could not find an ISO file on C drive. When I backed clear out and closed all programs, and tried to run DVD Shrink again(with the original DVD), I got a message saying "ISO File exists, do you want to over-write it?"

Question: what's going on? Where and in what format is this ISO file that was (supposedly) just created?

I am using ver 2.5.5.0 of Imgburn

Any help much appreciated.

Edited by TerryR40

This is nothing to do with ImgBurn.

You must know the name of the ISO file you told DVD Shrink to create, so just search your hdd for it.

Failing that, doesn't ImgBurn tell you the name (and path?) of the file it was trying to open in that error box?

That is what's so puzzling. I have used DVD Shrink before, and it always created an ISO file. this time it didn't, or at least I couldn't find it, neither could imgburn.

I realize it seems to be not to do with imgburn, but thought that someone here would recognize the nature of the problem and suggest a source to fix the problem.

I 09:11:16 ImgBurn Version 2.5.5.0 started!

I 09:11:16 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 09:11:16 Total Physical Memory: 3,144,184 KB - Available: 1,943,636 KB

I 09:11:16 Initialising SPTI...

I 09:11:16 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 09:11:16 -> Drive 1 - Info: hp DVD-RAM GH40L RB0A (E:) (ATA)

I 09:11:16 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

thnx for any help

Edited by TerryR40

In Windows 7 you don't have the permission to save on C:\ partition by default.

It will be saved in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents though. See if you can find it there.

Alternatively you can track the path by starting again and look to the address bar where it will be saved when it tells you that already exists.

Btw there is a later firmware for your dive http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/GH40L/files.html

In Windows 7 you don't have the permission to save on C:\ partition by default.

It will be saved in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents though. See if you can find it there.

When I ran DVD Shrink, it specified the ISO file would be saved to C:\WALL_STREET_MONEY_NEVER_SLEEPS.ISO. It then encoded the original DVD, apparently Shrink thinks that there is an ISO file on my C drive, but there is not, I did a search for the file - - not there, nowhere.

Alternatively you can track the path by starting again and look to the address bar where it will be saved when it tells you that already exists.

The path above is where it was supposed to have been saved. It's not there, but Shrink THINKS that it is, (asking me if I want to overwrite it?)

Btw there is a later firmware for your dive http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/GH40L/files.html

What will the later firmware (I assume for my DVD Drive?)accomplish?

Do I download it and install it to my DVD drive?

The firmware update will improve media support of the drive.

Can't you save the iso to other partition instead of C:\ ? As I said, Windows 7 will not let you save to C:\ unless you modify the permissions and run the program as administrator.

I still think the ISO is somewhere in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents but probably it's hidden, that's why you can't find it by search and Windows asks to overwrite it.

On the assumption that you are right, that Windows 7 was the problem, I ran DVD Shrink & imgburn on my laptop, which has XP pro for an OS. Took a lot longer, but I was able to copy the disk on an ISO file, then burn it to a blank DVD.

Therefore the problem is with this machine. I still don't know how to find the ISO file, anyone care to suggest a way to "see" it? (I earlier tried to save it to my partitioned D drive, didn't work).

Thanks for your help.

Edited by TerryR40

Try this to view hidden files http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/show-hidden-files-windows-7.htm

What was the reason for not leting you to save to D:\ partition? There is no space available or is it FAT32 formated?

If its FAT32, you can save the project as Hard Disk Folder instead of ISO by changing the Target device settings in DVD Shrink.

Than use this guide to burn the files to a new DVD http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.