Error at burn attempt

schall

Some kind of fatal error happening on burn attempt. I burn ok with Nero, but I was looking into using this program as it appears to be light on resources. Anyway, does anyone know what this means? THanks ahead of time. I'm sorry I don't know too much...

error3jj.jpg

I 00:38:40 Operation Started!

I 00:38:40 Source File: E:\anime\[Ani-Kraze]_Paranoia_Agent_01_-_13\Disk 1\Avi2dvd_temp\DVD_Image.iso

I 00:38:40 Source File Sectors: 592,565 (MODE1/2048)

I 00:38:40 Source File Size: 1,213,573,120 bytes

I 00:38:40 Source File Application Identifier: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD CD-R/DVD CREATOR © 1993 E.YOUNGDALE © 1997 J.PEARSON/J.SCHILLING

I 00:38:40 Source File Implementation Identifier: mkisofs

I 00:38:40 Destination Device: [0:2:0] BENQ DVD DD DW1620 B7P9 (D:) (ATA)

I 00:38:40 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x)

I 00:38:40 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496

I 00:38:40 Write Mode: DVD

I 00:38:40 Write Type: DAO

I 00:38:40 Write Speed: MAX

I 00:38:40 Link Size: Auto

I 00:38:40 Test Mode: No

I 00:38:40 BURN-Proof: Enabled

E 00:40:15 Failed to Reserve Track! - Incompatible Medium Installed

E 00:40:16 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:36

I 00:40:16 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

thanks

I 00:38:40 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AE1) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 8x, 12x)

E 00:40:15 Failed to Reserve Track! - Incompatible Medium Installed

E 00:40:16 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:01:36

I 00:40:16 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A

thanks

Does Nero burn these discs ok ? :ermm: If you have been around these forums and its predecessor a while you may have seen a lot of problems with the dye on the discs your using ! CMC MAG make just about the crappiest most unreliable dye out there.....

From the message above it appears that your drive doesn't like the discs - I use Grade A Ritek G05 dye as well as Taiyo Yudens and don't have the problem your getting.

My advice is to change the dye/discs and try again.....

Edited by lfcrule1972

I bot 2 spindles of Maxell 8X -R's on the weekend. One spindles media code was RITEKG05, good enough, but the other was CMCMAGAE1 ! I'm in the process of making a lot of noise with Maxell. After a phone call I can mail them off for an exchange, but I'm waiting for an explanation, if I don't get a satisfactory answer, they will be going on my Shite List. Unfortunate that a decent company has to stoop to selling shit products.

Hi, i've got a little problem with imageburn.

Lg 4160b, A306 firmware >> with 8x speed on: TDK (TTG02 ), platinum (ricoh jpn r02), verbatim (TYG02), write 96% and error message:

I/O read or write (? i cant remember) error and (i think the windows say :)

W 19:56:59 Failed to Write Sectors 2196640 - 2196671 - Tracking Servo Failure (imgburn says)

sorry, but a forget install hypersnap or other program as yet

write this disc types with nero, alcohol, decrypter (!) on 8x speed: no problem and write 4x speed with imgburn also no problem

Edited by avman

I have decided to ditch the riteks for a while - too annoying when 2x lots of 50 spindles are full or errors. The place I got them from are kindly exchanging them for 50 8x TY's !!!

Looks like I will be buying the spindle of 100 TYs in future now...

i have to be honest , i have stuck with TY 8x for over 18 months now, and the only failures have been in the write process, these amounting to less than 5 in over 350 discs ( about 1.4% ?)

i know they are more expensive, and harder to get ( in some countries) than otehr brands , but i havent bought any other brand for over 18 months .i dont even buy other brands that use the TY dye in them , just the original type

i would strongly recomend the use of Taiyo Yuden 8x full face printable {DV3139 at svp} as they seem to have been very stable and reliable for oevr 18 months now.( cant speak for the later 16x rated ones)

i did use ritek till 8x discs was available, but even they was patchy at the time , and there 8x was just hit and miss for me

>preaching mode over<

Edited by volvofl10

I bot 2 spindles of Maxell 8X -R's on the weekend. One spindles media code was RITEKG05, good enough, but the other was CMCMAGAE1 ! I'm in the process of making a lot of noise with Maxell. After a phone call I can mail them off for an exchange, but I'm waiting for an explanation, if I don't get a satisfactory answer, they will be going on my Shite List. Unfortunate that a decent company has to stoop to selling shit products.

Welcome to my SHIT LIST Maxell!

Maxell is of the opinion that CMCMag media is of a HQ nature :lol: and they will only replace defective media, not unburned ones. I couldn't be bothered to harse about with shite discs, so I now have 50 nice gold Maxell coasters, and I will no longer buy squat fuck from them.

Welcome to my SHIT LIST Maxell!

Maxell is of the opinion that CMCMag media is of a HQ nature :lol: and they will only replace defective media, not unburned ones. I couldn't be bothered to harse about with shite discs, so I now have 50 nice gold Maxell coasters, and I will no longer buy squat fuck from them.

you should let them know in no uncertain terms I think "Squat Fuck " covers it nicely :lol:

Gee that's real bad. And I wouldn't have accepted the G05's either Grain given their history.

They stop making MXL MIDs???

Here, Ritek R03s have given me 100% success and Verbatim DLs the same.

Regards

Verb DL's have been great for me too.....

Since I began using the TY's I was sent as replacement for the G05s I have not had a single bad burn - they are great, 99% of the time they max at 8.3x and verify faster.

Great discs - deffo gonna order 100 of them next time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.