ISO9660+Joliet+UDF vs Separate of them !!!!

p_samimi

Hi.my name is Pedram

i tried many many softwares for burning but at the end i find out ur software is the best.

i can use ur software very comfortable but i have a question about "system file" option .

i searched this options in google and now i know what is every one of them

1:ISO 9660

2:ISO 9660 + Joliet

3:ISO 9660 + Joliet + UDF

4:ISO 9660 + UDF

5:UDF

Question : when we have option No 3 (ISO 9660 + Joliet +UDF) why we need other options?????????

when i search in google , many of people have this question !!!

plz first tell me the real meaning of option No 3

and then answer the main question.

tnx & Best Regards

Pedram

Hi

Tnx Mr Admin for your attentions (At Least)

my questions is when there is a multi standard (Iso9660+Joliet+UDF) why i have to choose another options.

maybe i do not understand meaning of "Iso9660+Joliet+UDF" yet !!! :whistling:

is this means : we can burn media with 3 standards at the same time (now we have a media with 3 standards and any player can read it)

if this is true tell me why i have to prefer another options like : ISO9660+UDF

tnx

There is no real answer to this.

It's personal preference really.

Almost no (zero) discs are formatted with all 3 file systems. I don't know why, they just aren't.

DVD Video uses ISO9660 + UDF.

HD DVD and Blu-ray use UDF.

Some standalone players that accept DivX files will only play if ISO9660 + Joliet are present (and not if UDF is there too).

People tend to stick with the 'norm' and use whatever most other discs (of the same type) use.

If ImgBurn suggests a format other than the one you've chosen, go along with its suggestion.

Hi tnx for your answer.

i think i got my answer from this

Some standalone players that accept DivX files will only play if ISO9660 + Joliet are present (and not if UDF is there too).

now i think the best way for burning , choose the software recommendation.

anyway i believe in ur software is the best and i threw out another software. :thumbup:

• 5 years later...

I am still confused about this.

I want to burn large files of 15gb and up. What filesystem options do I need to check before burning.

In the CD-Audio days I remember there's two options, CD-audio has less to no CRC, and the other CD-ROM did have extended CRC correction written with the string od data onto disc. What about UDF for blurays, does this also write less CRC correction bits for Blu-Ray discs than say ISO or something?

The CD things you're talking about are to do with the layout of the sector on the disc. It's the 'mode' of the sector rather than anything else. Mode 2 Form 2 has less in the way of error correction stuff compared to mode 1 or mode 2 form 1.

Anyway, when it comes to DVD and BD, none of that applies. You can write 2048 bytes to sector and that's it.

There's no difference between the file systems when it comes to protecting the files written on the disc. If a sector that maps to the middle of a file becomes unreadable, it's unreadable and no file system is better than any other one in that respect.

If you're burning large files like that, I'd simply stick with just using UDF. The others don't really cater for modern day needs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.