Ants!

dbminter

I was helping my mother with her scanner/copier/printer yesterday. It had just stopped working. The error lights according to the manual indicated that one of the ink cartridges needed replacing. However, the unit automatically shifts the empty cartridge, out of 4, into place so it can be removed and replaced. The unit, though, wasn't doing that. So, I tried everything I could think of and everything in the manual and couldn't get anywhere. She looked at the bottom of it and that's when we discovered the problem. Dozens of ants and little black and white specks fell out of it! :o

That was just the tapper of a weird day. Earlier, I had gone out to the shed to get the lawn mower. Inside, I found a decapitate rabbit's body and the severed head! :& There was no blood on the body or on the head and none in the shed itself. So, my GUESS is that a dog must have killed it somewhere else and for whatever reason dragged the body and the head on two separate trips and gone into the shed. The door to the shed sometimes is blow open by high winds, and the door was opened when I went out to get the mower.

• 7 months later...

What I'm not sure of is there already was a dead mouse in the driveway from about last week. I don't know if this is a new mouse or the old one that something decided to eat the head off of. The exposed organs were too fresh, IMO, for it to be a week old dead mouse, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.