IfoEdit Finds Stuff to Fix in IFO's after Build

quantumred

After burning two DVD's using build mode, I ran Ifoedit and "Get VTS Sectors" on the burned files. The disks are single layer.

Ifoedit complained about sector addresses in the IFO's. I'm wondering if this is due to the ImgBurn default 32k padding? I'm going to reburn with the padding option disabled and see what happens.

post-3519-1154787689_thumb.png

post-3519-1154787700_thumb.png

I'm clear on what's happening, but I don't understand the reasons. :)

I'm not an ifo and dvd structure expert, so my question is, why does ifoedit think the sector addresses are wrong when using the 32k padding? Will my standalone be similarly confused?

This time I really will answer my own question. I borrowed this from a DVD rebuilder change log:

...Also note IFOEDIT will incorrectly see the changes to the IFO for padding as offset errors. Do NOT perform an IFOEDIT "Get VTS Sectors" against a VIDEO_TS folder that has been built for ISO unless you are planning to use some other burning package to create the disc...

I notice jdobbs turned off padding as the default.

jdobbs turned off padding cos some people were having problems building ISO for some reason.

Padding is legal and seen on many commercial DVDs. This is just a little extra protection.

For more info, see technical discussion here.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.