DirectShow Error! - IMediaEvent::WaitForCompletion

Flight East

I've acquired a number of .flac files, which I've been burning to audio CD using ImgBurn. When I load the cuesheet for the files I get this message:

th_99191_1_122_808lo.jpg

This isn't actually the problem! I've always been able to get around this by using Trader's Little Helper (TLH) to convert the .flac files to .wav files, amending the cuesheet accordingly and then the CD has always been burned and verified without any further problems. However, a couple of weeks ago when I tried to burn a CD from .wav files I got the following message:

th_01109_2_122_555lo.jpg

On the first occurrence, I burned the disc anyway...and ended up with 12 tracks of complete silence. Very relaxing, but not quite what I was hoping for. Since then I've been able to burn CDs by continually re-converting the .flac files to .wav files (using both TLH and Foobar2000) until ImgBurn accepts them. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling ImgBurn, Foobar2000, VLC MediaPlayer, TLH and Winamp in an attempt to solve the problem - all to no avail.

Having exhausted what seemed to be the logical solutions, today I took the seemingly bizarre step of using TLH to re-encode the .flac files to - erm - .flac files, then converting the re-encoded files into .wav files and burning from those. Guess what? I've had a 100% success rate so far!

I've no idea why I suddenly started getting the DirectShow error, as I don't think I've changed my PC setup in any way (bar maybe updating my version of VLC) in between there being no problem and the problem starting. Does anyone have an explanation, please? I seem to have a workaround now, but I don't know why I need it in the first place!

Edited by Flight East

For the flac files, can't you just install madFlac as per the Audio CD guide?

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555&view=findpost&p=91374

Thanks for that (and so quickly too!), I think that post must've been written after I started using ImgBurn. I'll certainly give it a go, but I'd still be interested to know why I've suddenly started having a problem after years of having none!

You'd have to see which filters DirectShow is pulling into the graph. Maybe one of them changed and is messing things up.

Right click a file (you've already added) when building the CUE and you should see an option to display the DirectShow Filter List on the menu that pops up.

You'd have to see which filters DirectShow is pulling into the graph. Maybe one of them changed and is messing things up.

Right click a file (you've already added) when building the CUE and you should see an option to display the DirectShow Filter List on the menu that pops up.

OK, I tried that and got this:

th_38762_3_122_150lo.jpg

Is there anything there that's wrong? Thanks for your help.

Edited by Flight East

• 2 weeks later...

It looks fine to me.

Try running the codec tweak tool and see if it can find a problem.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/codec_tweak_tool.htm

You could also try playing one of the problem wav files in GraphEdit and see if it errors out.

Apologies for the delay in replying. I downloaded codec tweak, but haven't actually needed to use it because I suddenly stopped getting the DirectShow error! It literally disappeared overnight. I've not posted again until now as I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a temporary reprieve, but it seems to be holding (fingers crossed).

It's all very strange, but thank you very much for all your suggestions and advice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.