Transfer of folder name to volume label in Build mode

dynamis

This could be reasonable if used in a specific context.

A folder, call it "matrix_root" is added to the compilation that contains a video_ts subfolder. The fact ImgBurn handles this and creates a valid DVD structure complete with audio_ts folder is actually a cool feature.

If it's the first folder in the compilation and the volume label is not already set, then set the volume label to the name of the root folder (the one immediately above video_ts).

This could be a time saver and prevent accidentally not setting the volume label. I've already burned some disks where the label was not set because it's on a different tab and I forgot to update it.

Yeah so it would work once (when empty) and never again for the duration of the time the program is open.

That kinda thing would be a nightmare and that's why I chose not to do it.

I even added the 'Volume Label: [Not Configured]' text to the image details message box that pops up so people wouldn't forget to set it.

That dialog box is a constant reminder!

Not my fault if you get click happy ;)

I even added the 'Volume Label: [Not Configured]' text to the image details message box that pops up so people wouldn't forget to set it.

By the time you see that dialog, if the label has not been set, you have to click cancel, click back to the labels tab, type it in, click start, answer the dual layer break again, click past the info dialog to begin.

From the standpoint that less clicks to get the job done is better, this is not as efficient as it could be.

Another option would be to include the volume label on the main build screen where it's always visible, and maybe have a button to auto generate the name from the directory name :P

It would also be nice to have the write speed for the device (if applicable) on the main screen perhaps right near the "destination".

Of course it's your program so do what you think is best. Being an old school programmer and UI designer myself, I can't help but notice when I'm making clicks that I think are "extra". Then I have to bring it up here which is your fault for making a "suggestions" forum :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.