Buffer Size Not Changing

DeathStalker

Hello:

I have adjusted the Buffer Size from the default of 40mb to 512mb, and it displays as 512mb in the settings every time I open the program and check Settings, yet when I burn, the log display indicates that the Buffer Size is still the default 40mb.

How can I ensure that the size is, in fact, 512mb?

Using Win7 64-bit, ImgBurn v2.5.5.0.

Thanks much.

There are two buffer adjustments possible:

Settings --> I/O --> Page 2 "Buffer Size"

Settings --> Build --> Page 2 "Read Buffer Size"

AFAICT the "Filling Buffer..." item in the log refers to the "Read Buffer Size", but honestly I have scoured this board and the Guides and don't understand what exactly is the difference between these two settings.

If you've searched on "buffer" and see all the posts, we are not alone in our confusion. Hopefully in the next revision LUK will make clear at least which buffer the log entry is referring to. Dunno who is responsible for the Guides but they need some help as well IMHO.

Edited by laserfan

The I/O Buffer is what you see in the log.
Yup, I got it backwards. :blush:

So would it be correct to say that if the Read Buffer Size in Build refers (ahem) to a Read Buffer, then the Buffer Size item in I/O settings is referring to the size of a Write Buffer?

I'll say that the "Read Buffer Size" from Build is for reading the files from the hard drive and "Buffer Size" from I/O is for communication with the optical drive.

LUK will explain it better if it's not like I think.

I'll say that the "Read Buffer Size" from Build is for reading the files from the hard drive and "Buffer Size" from I/O is for communication with the optical drive.

LUK will explain it better if it's not like I think.

Well, what you say makes perfect sense; in hindsight the term "I/O" certainly implies same, if not exactly whacking me over the head! Anyway I believe what you say until LUK sez otherwise, thanks. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.