DVD Copies Skips and freeze

miniman

Your scans the other day looked nothing like that.

I'd expect a disc producing a scan like that to skip and jump, but not ones from the other day.

If they skip and jump too then it has to be something else - source files and/or the player.

There's nothing more for us to tell you. You know how to burn, you know how to scan.

A disc that burns + verifies ok and has a decent disc quality scan should not cause skipping/freezing. If it does then the problem lies elsewhere - it's not related to the burn itself.

I discovered something very important... I burned a file from the pendrive and it doesn't skip, then I burned the same file from the hardisk and it is skipping as before.

Edited by miniman

Are the graphs any different (better looking) if you scan at 8x?

I don't understand why they're SOOOOO bad compared to the scan that's visible if you scroll to the top of this page (post #21).

Do you actually have any decent Verbatim discs or just the Riteks? I'd like to see how your drive performs with those.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am back :)

I installed Alcohol120% Trial and I burned 3 dvds with it and they worked all fine. Could this be possible or it's a coincidence? I mean if that was the problem, what is wrong with DVDfab and ImgBurn?

But maybe when I burn more dvds they will skip and freeze again, who knows?!!! :/

But even the graphs of Alcohol they look very good. First, I burned 1 with Alcohol and worked fine and it looked like this:

Alcohol

ebce2826f8179831c8ccbe0f1ddc33ec_69c.jpg

Then I burned one with ImgBurn and it freezed and it looked like this:

ImgBurn

9722b07d4c7176aacd1a156152725930_b45.jpg

Then I burned another 2 with Alcohol and worked fine and looked like these:

Alcohol

aa91a5d80d041119344ff2045e458d1e_429.jpg

Alcohol

cf08a3a2ae6c4acff4917b51a3ddc550_755.jpg

Edited by miniman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.