Does not respond to cancel

jwv

For reasons not important here, I made an image from files and folders on a CD (not of the complete CD). The next time I tried to use ImgBurn, it tried to mount that drive but there was no CD present resulting in a Cancel, Continue, Retry error message. None worked and I had to abort ImgBurn, put a CD in the drive, and then start ImgBurn and finally change to a usable drive.

In this case, Cancel should do exactly that and let you select a new drive.

Jerry

It doesn't sound like something ImgBurn would do itself. It doesn't 'mount' anything unless the drive says a disc is present.

But without seeing exactly what you're seeing, it's impossible to know where that message is coming from.

Had you clicked on a browse for file/folder button or anything similar?

It doesn't sound like something ImgBurn would do itself. It doesn't 'mount' anything unless the drive says a disc is present.

But without seeing exactly what you're seeing, it's impossible to know where that message is coming from.

Had you clicked on a browse for file/folder button or anything similar?

Mount may have been a bad choice of words (left over from days of old). ImgBurn was trying to access a CD drive with no CD in it and there was no way out that I could find except to put a CD in and then select a new drive.

Just be clear, I did not make an image from a whole CD but rather made and image from various files and folders on a CD. ImgBurn started up still pointing at that drive.

jwv

Again, it doesn't sound like something ImgBurn would do.

For starters, you're in Build mode by the sounds of it and there's no 'source' drive in that mode for it to remember and keep checking itself. Source drives also have to say they're 'Ready' before ImgBurn tries to access them.

So what screen were you on *exactly* when this popped up? Were you in the 'Disc Layout Editor' window? Had you clicked a 'Browse for files' or 'Browse for folder' button? (which then brings up a standard windows dialog box)

Had you closed and reopend the program between builds? (i.e. since you'd used the drive that had the disc in it but then didn't)

Maybe you could repeat what you did before and post a screenshot of the everything on your screen when the eror pops up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.