No icon for web page shortcuts in Windows Explorer

dbminter

My icons for shortcuts to web pages in Windows Explorer has disappeared. Web page shortcuts on the Desktop have the proper icon, but not in folders in Windows Explorer. They display the default "no icon" icon. Refresh TRIES to get them to appear as they show up briefly, but, then immediately return to the no icon icon. I've tried changing the icons for individual shortcuts, but, they don't change. Any ideas?

Didn't work. Worked temporarily. Then, it immediately reset itself back to the no icon icon. This is not just on webpages, but also the folder icon for folders shortcuts stopped working, replaced by the no icon icon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I discovered what was causing this. It was uninstalling a past version of Windows 7 Manager from Add/Remove Programs. For whatever reason, it's an installer that every time a new installer is run for new updates, it adds the same Add/Remove entry each time, resulting in multiple entries. Some older versions, though, need to be manually uninstalled before installing new updates to Windows 7 Manager, so, it's a catch 22. :angry:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.