Sensible default options wrt Isolinux

silver_hr

Hi Lightning, thank you for a wonderful program.

Rationale:

I tried remastering a FreeDOS live CD iso image today and I had a lot of trouble getting it to work. There was a lot of trial-and-error and googling which took a lot of time. Finally, I ran into the solution on this forum - when remastering isolinux bootable discs, one should use /isolinux/isolinux.bin as the boot image instead of extracting the 2kB boot image and using that.

So, in order to save other people who run into the same problem some time, I propose the following enhancement of Build mode:

1) If, upon being populated, the file/folder list contains the folder isolinux which contains the file isolinux.bin, populate the Bootable Disc tab with the appropriate options.

2) If the user sets the Bootable Disc options first and then adds isolinux files/folders and the boot image is not set to isolinux.bin, ask the user if they'd rather have isolinux.bin as the boot image.

I don't know much about isolinux so 1) may not be a reliable way of detecting its presence, but implementing the spirit of this proposal would, I'm sure, save time for many people.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.