Bluray media playing on PC but not on PS3 .. !!?!

ahmadka

Hi all ... I hope this is the right area to post this query (closest match I found!) .. Not exactly related to ImgBurn in a sense, but still I'm posting this because this is the program I had used :P

Up till now I was using Optical Quantum BD-25 discs (Disc ID: PHILIP-R04-000), and they played back fine on both my PC and PS3 ... I had burnt home made AVCHD/Bluray content on them ... Now recently I purchased some BD-25's of another brand known as 'Hi-disc' (Disc ID: INFOME-R30-000) ... I know it might sound cheap but the seller whom is selling these on eBay says they're very good ... Have a look at the product here: www.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310317857284 ... The seller is a very trustable person on eBay as well, whom I've purchased stuff from before too ..

Anyways, I just burnt some of these new discs and put AVCHD content on them .. The resulting discs play back perfectly fine with no hiccups on my PC, which I had used to burn them in the first place ... However, they are no even detected in my PS3 ... That is, when I insert the recorded discs into my PS3, no icon shows up for the playback of that disc .. Burnt three discs and the same problem was with all of them ..

My PS3 is a little old now (3.5 years), but it reads all other kinds of discs, including game discs and the Optical Quantum BD-25 discs and Verbatim/Mitsubishi BD-50 discs which I've used previously ...

But in the defense of these 'Hi-disc' branded discs, I have to say that they played back fine on my PC ... Just not on the PS3 ..

So I'm not sure what could be the problem here ..

By the way, I normally use ImgBurn to burn the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders in UDF 2.50 mode ... I burnt them at 2x speed via the Bluray burner that came with my Sony VAIO laptop about 5 months ago ... Pioneer BDR-TD03, firmware version 1.00 ..

Can anyone see what the problem could be ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.