Where is the down load?

Gabby2

I don't get it! I spend all day looking for free cd burner downloads and I find this page.. It says "IMGBURN" is the best, so I go hunting for it......... I find a download called "INFRArecorder" . Is that the right one? I am looking for a title of IMGBURN! Why does this have to be so confusing? You start out with a name and then change it to some other thing that leads people to think it is not the one you wanted them to have.. then all that other junk on the page is also confusing... Do I have the right one? if so it is not as good as you say it is.........

Help me out here.....

Gabby

Edited by Gabby2

Bring up http://www.imgburn.com/

Select 'Download' in the header navigation bar.

Pick a mirror site to download from.

It really isn't that difficult, honest!

As for software being good/bad, surely that depends on what you're looking for.

ImgBurn isn't exactly aimed at novice users, so that fact you couldn't find the download could mean it's not right for you anyway (either).

Thank you for your reply........

I went to the web site that you included in your reply... Well once again there are 3, count them 3 DOWNLOAD choices.

I know you said Select 'Download' in the header navigation bar. Well that's about as obvious as a grain of sand in the desert. While the other 2 downloads have a big arrow and download indicator blairing at you. Which one would you choose?

Which one is it???? It still isn't clear. Why do they feature one product then it takes a back seat to other features that are more prominent than the one that is highly suggested to download? It's like the old "bate and switch" tatic.

Also,I am not a "novice" I've been burning disc for 15 years.... I know a good working software application when I see and use one....My old drag and drop application was the best. So simple, 3 Icons, just drag the file to the icon and it runs with it.. Next thing you know the CD drawer opens and the CD is completed... Too bad the old software is not compatable with my new Windows 7 up grade.. Also, what is a mirror site? Never heard of it...

Why can't the web page just feature the product alone without having all the other download ads included.

I really appreciate your reply, I just wish these web pages were more comprehensive without a lot of confusing clutter.

This is conversation not criticism.

Improve the site and sales will soar.......

My best to all,

Gabby

I said 'header navigation bar'.... so you're looking for a 'bar' near the top of the page (the 'header') containing 'navigation' links.

A mirror site is used to describe something that contains a copy of something held elsewhere - and here, that 'something' is the ImgBurn setup file. There about 8 mirror sites listed on the download page, you just need to pick one of them.

Being a freeware program, I don't get 'sales'.

The adverts are there to help keep it free.

If all you want is basic drag and drop burning, what's stopping you from using Windows 7 itself? It can burn CD, DVD and Blu-ray discs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.