Not Enough Storage Space Available To Process This Command

DeathStalker

All of a sudden (with no system changes, to my knowledge), ImgBurn has stopped burning files in Joliet. They will compile just fine into an ISO image, but no longer burn directly. This is, understandingly, rather frustrating.

VirtualAlloc Failed!

Reason: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Followed by -

Failed to initialise FIFO Buffer (536,870,912 Bytes)

Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks much! :)

post-39995-0-47128500-1315681234.jpg

post-39995-0-36558500-1315681250.jpg

Stop using such a big buffer.

For whatever reason, the 'VirtualAlloc' API function is unable to allocate 512MB.

I've had it that way for months and it's never been a problem (as a matter of fact, I made a post on how to change it to that). When it was set to the default, I had a lot of pauses waiting for it to re-allocate.

And it has no problems burning ISO/UDFs of any size, JUST straight Joliet structures.

Edited by DeathStalker

Ok but that doesn't change the answer.

If the API is failing because there's not enough memory available in the format it needs it, you need to make the buffer smaller.

I assume you mean 'recover' rather than 're-allocate'. A hdd should easily be able to cope with any speed burn (it's only ~32mb/s at 24x after all) - unless it's a really slow old one, heavily fragmented and/or being taxed by other applications.

Building an ISO and then burning it will be easier on the system that trying to burn lots of little files on-the-fly. You have to take the antivirus overhead into account when you do that, along with general random access involved in burning lots of little files.

Ok but that doesn't change the answer.

If the API is failing because there's not enough memory available in the format it needs it, you need to make the buffer smaller.

I assume you mean 'recover' rather than 're-allocate'. A hdd should easily be able to cope with any speed burn (it's only ~32mb/s at 24x after all) - unless it's a really slow old one, heavily fragmented and/or being taxed by other applications.

Building an ISO and then burning it will be easier on the system that trying to burn lots of little files on-the-fly. You have to take the antivirus overhead into account when you do that, along with general random access involved in burning lots of little files.

Yes, I meant "recover" - yes, the disc is heavily fragmented, as it gets the most use and changes. I'm just surprised it stopped working all of a sudden (I don't burn at >16x, FWIW). The files in question are 350mb-500mb. The last one had only 5x500mb files.

==========================

I guess I should also add that it burns VIDEO_TS files (UDF Format) just fine - the *ONLY* problem is with Joliet Format.

Edited by DeathStalker

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.