.ISZ support?

dbminter

must

?????????????????????????????????????

Regards

OK, not "must", but "should".

Compressed images are great - they allow direct use without extracting to temp folder, not like RAR or 7z. And it would be very great if ImgBurn supported at least one compressed format. And if it does, it has to be ISZ.

Also from a programmer's point of view, ISZ is very simple to implement, both read and write (without encryption support, which we don't need anyway).

And I don't get it, why ImgBurn has vast compressed audio support (FLAC, APE, WV), but not general compressed data.

Edited by mdmitry

Also from a programmer's point of view, ISZ is very simple to implement, both read and write (without encryption support, which we don't need anyway).

Then why don't you write such program yourself? LUK has already said he has no interest in this.

And I don't get it, why ImgBurn has vast compressed audio support (FLAC, APE, WV), but not general compressed data.

Because ImgBurn doesn't decompress the files by itself: it uses DirectShow for that, much in the same way that any player does.

flogging20dead20horse.jpg

Then why don't you write such program yourself?

Why reinvent the wheel? I just want the best software to become even better. I'm ready to supply ready pieces of clean code for ISZ support.

LUK has already said he has no interest in this.

That's why I'm here on this forum.

That's why I'm here on this forum.

Being here on this forum is right where you need to be with your suggestion, however, the question has been asked of and answered by the owner off the program and that should be enough for you. This isn't a debating forum, nor is it a place where sheer bullheadedness is tolerated for long. You've had your say, move on... <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.