ImgBurn Support Forum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

imgburn vs nero or other burning software

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 life

life

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:horse racing

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:03 PM

Im faily new at this,i was wandering what the avantages are with burning with imgburn beside the fact that is free compared to other burners out there i never burned a dull layer the media is to expensive right now. I have however in the past burned with dvdd if it was a single layer movie and the guality was great. never made a coaster. but alot of the movies are 2 layer and i shrink them with dvd2on1, but latly i been trying "dvd shrink" with them and useing imgburn, so far so good thanks LUK. Plus im just now learning the different types of the files example vob iso iso image ifo ,ete etc, thats the hard part . thanks :)

#2 Shamus_McFartfinger

Shamus_McFartfinger

Complete and utter Bastard

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts
  • Interests:Wombat whipping

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:35 AM

One of the great things about ImgBurn is the queue feature which allows you to add multiple images to a list and have a user-defined amount of copies of each burned automagically. Not sure if it's in the public release (I don't think it it is), but it's in the latest beta version. Keep your eye out for a new version.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This software has not been tested on animals and is certified dolphin free.

If you use this program regularly, consider buying the author a beer and click the link below.

Donate

#3 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:08 AM

Its a top function isn't it Shamus ?

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#4 dontasciime

dontasciime

Mood : Forgetfu

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:39 AM

We would now just require a robot or a slave to open the draw and insert blanks.

#5 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:21 AM

What :o it doesn't do that on yours already dontasciime ?? =))

Posted Image

For the ImgBurn Drives & Media reviews click here. Having trouble burning your dual layer discs ? Then check this out ! Want to interpret your disc scans ? Click here to read Corny's guide

Check out www.nomorecoasters.com or www.videohelp.com for media dye review. Check out SVP Communications for great deals on blank disc media. . To update your drives firmware check out www.rpc1.org . For an easy to follow guide for firmware updates click here for Shamus' guide. . For a guide to burning Dual Layer Disks with PgcEdit click here for blutach's guide.

#6 Shamus_McFartfinger

Shamus_McFartfinger

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:17 PM

Its a top function isn't it Shamus ?

I reckon it's a great feature. I really must put it to work.......... when I get some spare time. *sigh*
Posted Image

If you use this program regularly, consider buying the author a beer and click the link below.

Donate

#7 dontasciime

dontasciime

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

Nope not on mine.

Though i do have a goblin teasmaid. For when i get sick of drinking tea. :blow:

Edited by dontasciime, 20 October 2005 - 12:34 PM.

#8 life

life

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

Shamus_McFartfinger, thanks for the reply but im sorry i asked, i have no clue what any of that meant sorry :huh:

#9 l8nights

l8nights

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

@ life the ease of use ability to auto burn w/ numerous prog's makes this a favorite
the added functionality (firmware update, booktyping etc) Set's this prog apart!

plus the author/ beta testers are unparalleled ( just don't tell them that they get big headed ;) )

all this plus the updates that were alway's forthcoming as they were needed, looks like another shortly,
is why I alway's relied on my right hand man (no jokes LOL) imgburn!!
Posted Image we shall drink of the spirits and rejoice!

#10 dontasciime

dontasciime

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

@Shamus. Which firmware you got in on your pioneer 109. ?

And regardless of which firmware you got in, have you ever had discs failing to start to burn, ie @ about 23*-seconds it should go from leadin to write image, it even goes over a couple of minutes and is not writing anything so i have to cancel, does this with a few diff kinds of media, this is with the old program you were beta on.. just curious to see if this happened to you, thanks

Im using 1.58 i think whichever is latest.

#11 life

life

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

@ life the ease of use ability to auto burn w/ numerous prog's makes this a favorite
the added functionality (firmware update, booktyping etc) Set's this prog apart!

plus the author/ beta testers are unparalleled ( just don't tell them that they get big headed ;) )

all this plus the updates that were alway's forthcoming as they were needed, looks like another shortly,
is why I alway's relied on my right hand man (no jokes LOL) imgburn!!

:) thanks , u broke that down pretty good :D

#12 Shamus_McFartfinger

Shamus_McFartfinger

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:10 AM

Shamus_McFartfinger, thanks for the reply but im sorry i asked, i have no clue what any of that meant sorry :huh:

Well, instead of selecting an image and then burning it, then selecting another image and burning it - the queue feature allows you to select a bunch of images to be burned one after another. In the picture above from my previous post you can see 6 images selected. All I have to do to burn all 6 is just keep feeding disks into the drive. Once an image is burned, take the disk out and throw in another one for ImgBurn to continue. It's a snappy feature. :)
Posted Image

Donate

#13 Shamus_McFartfinger

Shamus_McFartfinger

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:18 AM

@Shamus. Which firmware you got in on your pioneer 109. ?

And regardless of which firmware you got in, have you ever had discs failing to start to burn, ie @ about 23*-seconds it should go from leadin to write image, it even goes over a couple of minutes and is not writing anything so i have to cancel, does this with a few diff kinds of media, this is with the old program you were beta on.. just curious to see if this happened to you, thanks

Im using 1.58 i think whichever is latest.

Using 1.58 also. Can't say that I've seen the problem you're having..... with either of my 109s or with that old program. The problem is intermittent?
Posted Image

Donate

#14 life

life

ISF Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:38 AM

Well, instead of selecting an image and then burning it, then selecting another image and burning it - the queue feature allows you to select a bunch of images to be burned one after another. In the picture above from my previous post you can see 6 images selected. All I have to do to burn all 6 is just keep feeding disks into the drive. Once an image is burned, take the disk out and throw in another one for ImgBurn to continue. It's a snappy feature. :)

Ok now i see, thanks :D

#15 polopony

polopony

ISF God

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:36 AM

I had this problem way back when I was using the Nec 2500 and the answer was to reduce the burning speed after I did all burned fine ,might work for you

#16 lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972

Liv 1 v 0 ManUre

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:23 AM

I have told dontasciime to stop burning his CMC MAGs at 32x !!! =))

Posted Image

#17 linx05

linx05

ISF Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:17 AM

Isn't the burning engine much more reliable than Neros?

#18 dontasciime

dontasciime

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

yep the problem is intermittent, can go 20 discs without it, then bang next couple do it using various tyg02, ttg02, MCC 02RG20. the only ones it has not done this on are CMC MAG. AE1 (which i use for xbox games and divx)
Though it may be down to various usb 2 devices being added, i will find out when i re install this weekend with all usb2 external hds writers etc attached at windows hardware install.

just wondered if any other users of 109 had noticed it, it writes a small ring on disc which makes disc useless after, so it would also appear down to the way the , rather my 109 is writing leadin, the only other drive i have seen the leadin stage get stuck in is also an NEC 3540 first firmware, though i fixed that on my friends comp by reinstalling windows in her computer.

ok thanks for the feedback.

Edited by dontasciime, 21 October 2005 - 03:24 PM.

#19 Shamus_McFartfinger

Shamus_McFartfinger

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:29 PM

Weird, mate. Let us know how you go, huh?
Posted Image

Donate

#20 volvofl10

volvofl10

LIVE from Italia...ciao bella, Forza Ferrari

• Beta Team Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:59 AM

Isn't the burning engine much more reliable than Neros?

in a nutshell, yes.

hence the reason for ImgBurn . Nero falls down in many ways and one of them is its burning engine .
the burning engine to ImgBurn was tested many many times in a previous program and its reliability was honed over a few years . what you get now is the culmination of several hundred thousand forum members testing ( if you like) and any flaws was corrected at the time they was reported .
Dont be a cheapskate and buy poor quality media ,

FOR Dual layer discs use genuine Verbatims and nothing else , read this thread by LUK to see why Verbatim Dual layer DV9 thread

FOR Single layer DV5 use genuine Taiyo Yuden media everytime , ONLY TY's and not some other brand with TY dye/ink

DONT ask how to copy protected discs
DONT ask who LIGHTNING_UK is .......we only know him as .................."The Stig"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users