Sony DVD-R now using RITEKF1

dbminter

Got some Sony DVD-R's and they've started using Ritek as their manufacturer. The MID used to be SONYD16 or something like that; it is now RITEKF1. I've not had problems with Ritek, even using TDK Ritek DVD+R DL. But, I know some people have had trouble with Ritek before, so, I'm passing this piece of information along.

I'm using MAXELL DVD-R's that have RITEKF1 MID and have no problem at all with them.

Two burners are dead now, one was LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L the other was ASUS 0001 DRW-2014L1 the discs have no problems reading back.

Now I'm stuck with TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D from a disasambled computer and still burn RITEKF1 without problems.

When this will go out I'll get an Optiarc. :)

I've not had any issues with Ritek media either. I've used several kinds ranging from Office Depot CD to DVD media. It's just I've heard a lot of people apparently outside of the US have had quality control problems with Ritek. As I said, I didn't have any issues even with their DVD+R DL that was TDK branded from Office Depot. (No longer made, it seems. I still use Verbatim MKM as my primary source of DVD+R DL, though.)

I've used Optiarcs for several years now. I don't know if Optiarc is even still a brand actually. :) They may all be branded as Sony drives now. I know when I do searches for them on NewEgg, I usually use the term Sony Optiarc. Or sometimes just Optiarc. I violate even my own systems. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.