Does ImgBurn write VIDEO_TS files in correct order?

Wile_E

I am curious if Imgburn writes the VIDEO_TS files in the correct order on a DVD-R? There is a specific order that these files have to be written on the disc, to be fully DVD compliant. I believe the order should be IFO -> VOB -> BUP, physically like that on the disc.

What about ROM folder for a DVD? If I add this folder, will it still burn compliant? There is some discussion over at the VideoHelp.com forums, whether ImgBurn burns fully compliant DVD's.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t...c&start=360

Edited by Wile_E

Yes. The order of files is perfect.

Yes, you can add DVD ROM files to the parent directory of VIDEO_TS.

If anyone is at all unsure, make an ISO with ImgBurn and use ISOBuster to examine it. Here's a simple example:

08142006084120xo1.png

08142006084152bo4.png

Regards

I got totally lost in all the BS in that thread volvo. My eyes just glazed over, particualr one bloke who wrote War and Peace every time sat down at the keyboard. Maybe they are RecordNow's answer to the AnyDVD forum at CD Freaks?

Regards

Nice to see that RecordNow is compliant now, it used to be a bag of crap and "not fit to burn rags"(?jack1998-2006 :D)

Had a few horrible experiences with it when I first started burning DVD's, but then I found LUK's burning engine and havent had a coaster since.

Edited by jack

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for clearing this up. A couple of people were saying how RecordNOW is very compliant. Now I can tell them that ImgBurn is just as compliant. Thanks again!

Actually, I thought RecordNow Deluxe 7.3+ was the way to go to burn dual layer DVDs directly from VIDEO_TS files, but I then ran into an instance where it failed.

In the instance where it failed, I had over 3 hours of video in a title, and found the RecordNow did NOT insert the layer break flag as expected! Upon further examination, I discovered the reason. The cell (identical VOB/Cell ID) where the layer break flag should have been inserted was also used in another title, and RecordNow chose to flag the cell ONLY in that title! The end result was that the DVD would insert the necessary wait when playing that secondary title, but NOT when playing the main title - essentially the main title played as though it had a seamless layer break!

I asked on the ImgBurn support forum whether the PGCEDIT/mkisofs combination would recognize and flag all instances of that vob/cell, and the answer was that it would, and I've since verified that in practice.

I have not yet verified that the ImgBurn build mode will do the same as PGCEDIT/mkisofs in this instance, but if LUK has followed the logic of PGCEdit, then I assume it does.

So, you can tell those people that ImgBurn is MORE COMPATIBLE than RecordNow! After that failure, I began using PGCEdit exclusively to make my dual layer images, even though it required an extra step compared to RecordNow, and I've since switched to ImgBurn's build mode, though I do avoid using it if the image I'm writing needs the 32K padding....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.