Do NOT buy the HP Officejet 6000 E609a printer!

dbminter

It's a piece of junk. I had to replace my previous 12 years of good service HP printer because there were no 64 bit drivers for Windows 7 for it. Plus, it connected by a parallel to USB connector. The point is, it would have continued to work had it not been for planned obsolescence. HP purposefully did not create drivers for to drive up sales of newer printers. :greedy: So, I thought I'd get another HP. I'd never buy HP PC's or digital cameras again, but, their printers used to be good. No more!

I got the HP Officejet 6000 E609a. After 3 or 4 months, I'm having to replace it. It epically failed after the first attempt to replace the ink cartridges! :angry: First, it said 2 of the 4 colors were out. So, I replaced them. When I did, THEN AND ONLY THEN did it say to replace the 3rd color! :rolleyes: So, the next day, I had to go out and get another cartridge. I printed a test page, everything seemed all right. The software said the replaced colors were full. A week later, I tried to print a page and it wouldn't print anything. I finally got something to print and discovered that yellow no longer printed at all! THEN, the printer software said that the cartridges which were just replaced A WEEK AGO were empty! Yellow was full but no longer printed! So, I knew then and there I got a piece of junk, and, now, I'm warning other people away from it.

Discovered after posting my negative review on Amazon.com that others had similar negative reviews. In fact, I learned a few things I never knew before. It was said that there was, apparently, a lawsuit over this printer or similar HP tactics because they had designed the printer or their printers across the board to add blank ink to colors in order to use up black twice as fast as it normally would. And, since black costs twice as much as the other colors and black is being used more than it should be, coupled with the fact that black is used up faster anyway, they're only charging twice as much for the same amount of ink to make more money! :greedy: X 2! And they call us :pirate: 's.

So, HP printers now join my shit list of HP/Compaq PC's and digital cameras. The only HP item I now have that has worked well is the scanner I got a year ago. Needless to say, I'll looking for a NON HP printer to replace this one. IF I have that option. HP is pretty much the only game in town around here. But, I'll see what I can salvage.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.