Cross fading?

dbminter

Can we get an option in ImgBurn when creating Audio CD's to cross fade on tracks like Nero and I believe Easy Media Creator have in their applications?

Unless it's already there and I don't see it. Using a Custom Pre-Gap of 75 Frames, e.g. 1 sec, wouldn't do cross fade the tracks would it?

The reason I ask is this is something I've noticed for many years in Nero, Easy Media Creator, and in ImgBurn. When selecting a 0 second Pre-Gap for tracks that make up spoken word audio CD's, there is sometimes a slight pause between the tracks, even when 0 seconds gap is selected. If I make an image of a spoken word CD, the image burns with no pauses in between the tracks. But, if I make MP3's of the tracks on the same spoken word CD and then create an audio CD, there is sometimes, but not always, a noticeable hiccup in the audio when the tracks change. The only way I've found around this is to use 1 second cross-fading in Nero.

So, I'm suggesting a cross fade option. If it's already there in ImgBurn, please let me know what to do to get a spoken word audio CD to get around the hiccups I mentioned. :)

I tried an experiment using 1 Frame Pre-Gap and still got the audio hiccups/pauses sometimes between the end of one track and the start of the next one. So, a custom 75 Frames/1 Sec setting would do the same thing, I'd think. Thus, I guess I will have to request a request for cross-fading. :thumbup:

This reply is mostly for my note for future reference.

In Nero, set the cross fade to 1 second for best results. 1 Frame or 0.13 repeating Seconds causes the same results as the 0 second Gap in ImgBurn or No pause between tracks in Nero.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.