8 GB Sandisk USB Flash Drive Doesn't Boot

dbminter

I am having a problem getting one of my USB flash drives to boot. I've been using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool to get an MS-DOS bootable flash drive. I've made my 32 MB, yes MB ;) Datel flash drive to boot. I've gotten my 4 GB Sandisk flash drive to boot. But, my 8 GB drive won't. :(

What happens is with the drive inserted into a USB slot, the system won't even boot the BIOS splash screen! :o The BIOS boot options won't appear with the drive inserted. When it is removed, the BIOS boots. It can be inserted into any USB slot and this happen. I've not formatted my 32 GB Sandisk to boot yet, but, when it is inserted into a USB slot, the BIOS splash screen appears, making me think it will boot when I get around to doing it.

I've tried other bootable rescue media programs with Macrium Reflect to create a bootable flash drive for this 8 GB drive, but, it does the same things as described above.

Any ideas? :frustrated:

Just now tested the formatted 32 GB flash drive with the Macrium Reflect boot media format application. It does not disable the BIOS boot splash screen and boots into the recovery environment.

So, for whatever reason, the 8 GB flash drive won't boot and won't let the BIOS boot when it's inserted. :huh:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.