DVD Info Pro & ImgBurn2: %Jitter factoring in Quality Rating

uSerKey

Sorry, for this question, but it seems ImgBurn and DVD Info Pro are somehow linked and I could not find a forum for this question on the DVDRecordableORG website.

After viewing many burn scans in the media section of the ImgBurn Forum and comparing them I would like to know how %jitter is calculated into the disc quality rating of DVD Info Pros PIPO scanning?

Sorry again if this has nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Without going into the actual algorithms

Basically jitter percentage of 8% average is treated as 100% quality as this is the minimum that one can usually get.

An average of 20% jitter is classed as totally unacceptable and is treated as 0% quality.

Peak jitter is taken into account to reduce the quality score accordingly.

The PI, PO, & jitter quality scores are all averaged together to give the final score.

Edited by Flash

The jitter algorithms with an average & peak jitter of 14% gives a quality score for the jitter of 49% and anything below 50% is unacceptable in my book so your figures may be correct.

Thanks your reply answered my question.

Two more since you took the time to answer and seem to know a bit more than I do on this subject.

Is it normal for a burner to give higher jitter rates at lower burn speeds, but lower jitter at high to max speeds?

And is this completely a hardware issue 100%, or can firmware or software help resolve this problem in any way?

Thanks again.

Normally, I believe higher burn speed = higher jitter.

Of course if the drive in question has a better write strategy for burning at 16x than it does at 4x, it would make sense that the 16x one is producing better burns.

I would think a lot of drives are geared towards burning at full speed (if not faster!) on media now. So the faster write strategies probably see more testing etc that the much slower ones do.

Unless there is a fundamental flaw in the drives hardware, a firmware update can fix most things.

Unless there is a fundamental flaw in the drives hardware, a firmware update can fix most things.

Thanks alot. you have answered my questions. The drive in question is the LG-H10A, JJ11(TDB).

UDMA4 enabled. I can't wait for the next firmware update.

By the way can you run your media tests on SonyD21?

Where I am at, it's THE most easily available media.

Thanks again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.