How to know the disc capacity using Build Mode?

jvimgburn

Congratulations for the people who keeps the forum interesting and very useful for who is coming right now.

Is there a way to find out how many bytes fit exactly on the currently inserted media?

I know, I know, at Build Mode there is a Calcultator just to inform the bytes remaining after I do my compilation. But, how to know the disc capacity at Build Mode? Do I have always to quit Build Mode and go to Write Mode to know that?

Is there a way to overextend the official limit, just with a few amount of data?

For the moderators:

I tryed to reply to this topic:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=18990&st=0&p=136582&hl

but I could not. The system didn't allow me to do that, I don't know why. :mellow:

YOU CANNOT REPLY TO THIS TOPIC, is what it says... Is it's because I'm just arrived?

I insist with this question because the answer given there wasn't clear enough. Why Build Mode cannot inform the capacity?

Sorry if it sounds like dumb question (and after the attempt of answer it).

Thx

Sorry for the dumb topic posted here. I realized that there is a Device Tab at Build Mode. The problem is because I couldn't find the info about the media because the media was not inserted yet...

Sorry, folks. Topic is almost solved.

The other question remains:

Is there a way to overextend the official limit, just with a few amount of data?

And why I cannot reply some topics?

Thx

Edited by jvimgburn

That's called 'overburning' and it can't be done with DVD-R media (the burner refuses to even start burning). Technically it can be done with DVD+R media, but it's smaller to start with (2,295,104 sectors compared to up to 2,298,496 sectors of DVD-R media) and the burner can error out at any sector beyond 2,295,104, so your mileage may vary.

As for not being able to reply, new users can only reply to topics they have started, so as to avoid thread hijacking. If an older thread can help the new user with a problem, we'll link to it or tell you which search terms to use in order to find those older threads :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.