"Build" Dual Layer MiniDVD

Fowl

Firstly, thanks for the great program!

I'm trying to get some dual layer mini dvds (80mm) mastered. Unfortunately it seems that getting MiniDVD-R DL media is impossible and our duplicator is having problems mastering from an imgburnt DVD+R. I think it may be related to the fact that we're using "Optimise Duplicate Files".

Is there some way of creating an image for a MiniDVD DL?

Thanks!

Edited by Fowl

What are you trying to add to the image? I assume it's a data disc rather than a DVD Video one or whatever.

Images aren't media specific and all they should need (if coming from a normal DVD+R) is the layer break position... and for that they could just take the total image size and split it in half.

Can't they tell you (in detail) what problems they're having? Otherwise, how do they expect you to solve them?!

What are you trying to add to the image? I assume it's a data disc rather than a DVD Video one or whatever. Images aren't media specific and all they should need (if coming from a normal DVD+R) is the layer break position... and for that they could just take the total image size and split it in half.

Yep, just data. Good to know, people get very vague with these kinds of things. I figure a steam of byes is a stream of bytes, not to the duplicator somehow, though. :/

Can't they tell you (in detail) what problems they're having? Otherwise, how do they expect you to solve them?!

Apparently not. Even once I managed to get a hold of the subcontractor he seemed dazed and confused with the whole issue. The terms like "filesystem" and "layer break" seemed foreign. Trying to locate an alternative...

Thanks very much for your help!

Edited by Fowl

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.