Regarding creating a dual layer disc guide

davidw89

Pick the one that was where the original LB was. Or preview the cells and pick one that is pleasing and seems less noticable.

Or, if you don't want to do that, pick any one - 50/50 is good enough.

Regards

Yeah mate.

Well, the original LB can be determined from the original IFOs. Perhaps the simplest way is to insert your DVD in the drive and open it in PgcEdit.

Find the main movie - it will be obvious from the left hand window, which shows you the title numbers and the times. Double click on it and you open a new window. Scroll down till you see a tick mark in the LB column and note the cell number and VCID.

Sounds complicated, but it's easy.

And ImgBurn is best for everything!

Regards

And ImgBurn is best for everything!

Sounds kinda bias dont you rekon :lol:

is it better to determine the original LB or just use the SPLIP for NO and PGC for 1? And as for percentage 50/50 is best? Should i enable the option seamless?

Edited by davidw89

Yeah, I'm biased, but unbiasedly biased :D

We have 2 threads running on this. For mine, I'd use the original, unless you can find a better one by playing it.

And it's worth experimenting (once) with seamless layer break. You won't go back to seamless if your players will play it.

Regards

Is that like a bug? BUt its weird that disc has 7.4GB my previous one has 6.9 or something? Where did the extra space come from :/ But the dvd seems like its working atm..what does that error mean LK? Nice job making Imgburn btw i really like it.

Edit: Blutach:

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.p...ntitled.f84.JPG

You said: Scroll down till you see a tick mark in the LB column and note the cell number and VCID.

I found the tick mark but cant see the cell number or VCID.

Edited by davidw89

Sorry for being a big noob but once i know i'l ltry to help others as well..iam startign to learn :P

How do i turn off 32k ifo/bup padding and if i turn it off what is the consequence? Couldnt help asking when the next version wll be released.

Edited by davidw89

It makes sure there's at least 32k worth of data/nothingness between the IFO and the BUP file. That's supposed to be enough data to ensure they're not phyiscally next to eachother on the disc. i.e. one file is round one side of the disc, the other file is on the other side.

Click Tools -> Options.

Switch to the 'Build' tab.

The 32k IFO/BUP padding option is down the bottom on that screen.

If you had a layerbreak in the first place it should be easy (ish) to spot in the dialog box that ImgBurn presents to you.

For the DVD you've presented here, it seems the LB has been removed at some stage.

If it's feasible to keep using the original one, do so.

As I said before, IFO/BUP 32k padding is a 'nice' thing, you do not 'need' it. Your discs will play perfectly fine.

However, if you have the intention of scratching the hell out of them, it's best you wait for a fixed version of ImgBurn that won't have problems when 32k padding is enabled.

However, if you have the intention of scratching the hell out of them, it's best you wait for a fixed version of ImgBurn that won't have problems when 32k padding is enabled.

I'll just wait for the next version! :whistling:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.