Data types & filesystem.

Ch3vr0n

My first use for IMGBurn is to burn video dvd's and iso. Now i want to use it to burn data cd/dvd/blu-rays too so i can completely remove nero from my system. I just have no idea wich settings to use

What data type to i use for

data CD-R > mode 1? mode 2 >> file system > ISO, joliet, iso + joliet (+udf) >> in case of UDF what revision?

data dvd+r > same questions

cd's & dvd must be able to be read by a standard blu-ray (dvd) player (as a partial use for this will be firmware updates for a non internet hooked up player), and windows.

I've checked the guides subforum but i can't find anywere where it clearly states what to use. I'd really love an answer so i can uninstall that bloatware nero from my rig.

You can only use Mode 2 on CD. It's not valid on anything else and the program will tell you that (when burning direct to disc).

It doesn't matter which file systems you use for computer use but UDF is better for long files names and unicode etc. I wouldn't worry too much about the revision. 1.02 is the most compatible. 2.50/2.60 are better for redundancy and coping with errors (at there's a mirror copy of all the descriptors).

Standalone players might want a certain file system for a certain type of disc/content... look in the manual to see what it wants.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.