How to Burn 6.45GB ISO File in 2 DVD-R(4.75GB) Disks

nytshade

Hello, I just want to ask on how to burn 6.45GB ISO File (Game Installer) in 2 DVD-R(4.7GB) Disc,

I know that I can burn it in Dual Layer Disc (8GB) but my DVD-ROM cant able to read or write

Dual Layer Disc so I need to know on how to make Installer in 2 DVD-R(4.75GB) Disc.

I want to create a 2 DVD-R(4.75) Disc installer that is connected from it each other, for example,

if I begin to insert the First Disc and install the software/game installer and after a minutes a new small window

will appear and ask me to insert the second disk or the disk 2. Like the installer of EA Games/Command and Conquer..

Please help me step by step..I really really need your help Thank You.

I try to ask question in other site/forum, I also try to publish this question in Yahoo!Answers

ImgBurn is always their comment or the suggested program that can help my problem so i decided to download your program and ask for a

question.

If it's meant to be on one disc then it needs to go on one disc.

It's not going to be aware of the 2nd disc and so it'll never ask for it. It'll just treat the missing files as errors and the install will probably fail.

If your drive can't burn DL disc (is it really that old?!), it's probably about time you got a new drive.

If you just want to use the image to install, mount it in a virtual drive program and install it from there.

ahh my dvd drive can still burn 8gb or dl disc but the problem is my dvd drive can read and write any disc that is 8x speed,its compatability is only 16x thats why i want to know...Admin what do you mean by virtual drive program? THanks for your reply

No drive can only read 16x discs. Just burn on a DL disc, it'll work fine (assuming the burn goes ok).

You can Google for what a virtual drive program is.

It's software that gives you a virtual cd/dvd (reader) drive that you can see in 'My Computer' / Explorer. You mount (open) disc images (ISO files) in it and it looks like a real disc has been inserted in a real drive.

Download Virtual CloneDrive or DVDFab Virtual Drive if you want to try one out. They're both freeware (as is DAEMON Tools Lite).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.