DaChouffe

Hey guys,

I have a problem with

ImgBurn 2.5.6.0,

wine 1.3.35,

Linux mint Debian x64 (Debian Wheezy)

Error log:

Dowloaded the Nero aspi

E 19:29:01 Alternatively, try changing the 'I/O Interface' in the Settings to a different one.

W 19:29:21 I/O Interface has been changed!

I 19:29:21 Shutting down ASAPI...

I 19:29:21 Initialising ASPI...

I 19:29:21 WNASPI32.DLL - Nero WnAspi32 - Win32 Nero Aspi Library - Version 2.0.1.74

I 19:29:21 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 19:29:21 No devices detected!

Original wine aspi

I 19:31:44 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!

I 19:31:44 Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 (4.0, Build 1381 : Service Pack 6a) (Wine v1.3.35)

I 19:31:44 Total Physical Memory: 4.060.296 KB - Available: 2.650.736 KB

I 19:31:45 Initialising ASPI...

I 19:31:45 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 19:31:45 No devices detected!

Windows XP

W 19:35:03 Operating System has been changed!

I 19:35:03 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!

I 19:35:03 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3) (Wine v1.3.35)

I 19:35:03 Total Physical Memory: 4.060.296 KB - Available: 2.646.452 KB

I 19:35:03 Initialising ASPI...

I 19:35:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 19:35:03 No devices detected!

Winecfg

/media/cdrom, /dev/cdrom1, /dev/sr0

Forced cdrom

Did search the forum and with google, but didn't find any solution that worked. I did try different version of Wine, even compiled it from source, but no differens.

I would realy would like to get this solved, i realy loved this program. Even under linux..

Tried it with sudo, no differens.

I'm realy lost here..

This is more of a Linux / Wine question than anything to do with ImgBurn.

Wine has to present the drives via ASPI and I guess translate I/O into the native Linux format. For some reason, that doesn't seem to be working properly on your setup.

I personally don't have the knowledge to help you with that.

Do you get anything useful in the Wine semi-debug-like log as ImgBurn starts (if loaded from a terminal window) ?

This is more of a Linux / Wine question than anything to do with ImgBurn.

Wine has to present the drives via ASPI and I guess translate I/O into the native Linux format. For some reason, that doesn't seem to be working properly on your setup.

I personally don't have the knowledge to help you with that.

Do you get anything useful in the Wine semi-debug-like log as ImgBurn starts (if loaded from a terminal window) ?

There are some errors, but can't find anything on the www. The most solution listed on the internet i tried, but did not solve anything.

I knew from the early days i had to use NT 4.0 and SPTI, but this is not working anymore. Om wineHQ i can' t find anything.

fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 24000 (device=2 access=1 func=0 method=0)

err:aspi:ASPI_GetNumControllers Could not open HKLM\L"HARDWARE\\DEVICEMAP\\Scsi"

I know it's a linux specific error, but maybe there are some more linux users with the same problem and solved it.. :)

Thanks

I did some more testing,

I insered a DVD-RW with some data on it, and pointed to the mount point (/media/muziek) and the dvd was found with SPTI and could be formated.

But it does not work with a clean disk. Pointed it to different mounting points but no result.

I will look if i can find some answers on WinHQ..

Thanks

:edit

Solution found:

I think that some distribution have a live of there own and the automount is playing parts. I solved this, by adding my cdrom drive and mountpoint in fstab, everything works find now.

Hope this helped someone .

Thanks

Edited by DaChouffe

The only reason NT4 worked is because the program used (only uses) drive letters to open drives under that OS. Newer OS's had the (better) option of using device classes or interfaces.

It works best under Wine when using ASPI. SPTI (even via drive letters) would often result in no drives being detected.

I don't know why but their handling of SPTI stuff is pretty awful. It's a shame :(

These are the only ASPI related lines I see in Ubuntu 11.10 (x86) with Wine 1.3.36.

fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for adapter 0.

fixme:aspi:ASPI_ExecScsiCmd Program wants to do DVD Region switching, but fails (non compliant DVD drive). Ignoring....

fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY for adapter 1.

err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg1: Permission denied

Have you already tried to remove Wine and all its settings, and then reinstall? I don't know if a normal uninstall (or whatever it's known as under Linux!) would remove them or not?

If you can wipe out the file it uses for the Windows registry, maybe it would fix the problem when it creates a new one?

Good luck with it!

edit: Seems you've fixed the problem :)

In my experience, the SPTI device detection was also hit and miss depending on if a (blank) disc was inserted when the program was loaded. That's why I opt for ASPI now as it doesn't seem to care. Technically, SPTI is superior as it supports locking (exclusive access) and other bits like that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.