Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FeelLikeANut

Bad Burns From New Version, 2.0.0.0

Recommended Posts

all I am seeing is a decrease in the quality of premium media over the last year

Really? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly let me say I am a great fan of ImgBurn & have used it with great success on hundreds of burns. However, today I upgraded to V2.0.0.0 from V1.3.0.0 & using DVD Shrink as I usually do I experienced all bad burns to the point where part of the discs are unreadable (first ever).

 

These burns were performed on the same batch of Taiyo Yuden T03 discs that ImgBurn V1.3.0.0 was producing quality scores of 95%+ on only yesterday. Watching the operation of V2.0.0.0 on the last disc being burned it seemed that the burner's buffer (on Benq 1640 & Pioneer A10XLA) was being fed inconsistently & kept oscillating from full to empty (sometimes). This is different to what I have experienced previously with ImgBurn >_< . Understand the comments that all the program is doing is instructing & transferring data to the burners but something has changed with V2.0.0.0???

 

I installed V2 without first removing V1.3 so I wonder if something has happened during the update.

 

Any comments or suggestions please?

 

Thanks,

 

Acer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The buffer does empty out each time the drive performs WOPC type stuff.

 

Show us a screenshot from DVDInfoPro displaying the IBG stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firstly let me say I am a great fan of ImgBurn & have used it with great success on hundreds of burns. However, today I upgraded to V2.0.0.0 from V1.3.0.0 & using DVD Shrink as I usually do I experienced all bad burns to the point where part of the discs are unreadable (first ever).

 

These burns were performed on the same batch of Taiyo Yuden T03 discs that ImgBurn V1.3.0.0 was producing quality scores of 95%+ on only yesterday. Watching the operation of V2.0.0.0 on the last disc being burned it seemed that the burner's buffer (on Benq 1640 & Pioneer A10XLA) was being fed inconsistently & kept oscillating from full to empty (sometimes). This is different to what I have experienced previously with ImgBurn >_< . Understand the comments that all the program is doing is instructing & transferring data to the burners but something has changed with V2.0.0.0???

 

I installed V2 without first removing V1.3 so I wonder if something has happened during the update.

 

Any comments or suggestions please?

Maybe similar to the problems I was experiencing documented in the following thread

 

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1833

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres no reason to not uninstall the previous version when you update .You can or have it saved to your hard drive should you need to go back for somee reason .The newest versions are the ones supported as they fix bugs or problems in the previous version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The buffer does empty out each time the drive performs WOPC type stuff.

 

Show us a screenshot from DVDInfoPro displaying the IBG stuff.

 

Sorry to take so long to respond due to being away again for work. I've done the tests you suggested using DVDInfoPro & all seems fine now :huh: . It seems that either something else was running in the background when I installed & tested version 2 which affected the buffer or my machine needed a re-start. Have performed quite a few tests today & the burn quality produced by the latest version is similar to the one before - apologies for the "bum steer".

 

Acer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.