Cue File Error

KobeDane

New to ImgBurn - I don't see this problem elsewhere or covered in Users Guide.

System: Dell Latitude D820 Running XP + SP3 TSST Corp CDRW/DVD TSL 462D

Operation: Audio CD Write

Source: Japanese CD

After successful Read of Source CD

Click CUE File Button

Layout Screen is displayed

Click Browse for File Button

Explorer Window displays Cue File

First problem - Cannot click and drag file to ImgBurn Layout Screen

Second problem - Click "Open" in the Explorer Window - ImgBurn Error Message displayed "You've imported a CUE File with more TRACK entries in it than FILE entries. All track information is lost when importing a CUE file. If you want to maintain the existing track layout in the CUE file load it directly into Write mode rather than making a new one."

Click OK to continue

Third Problem - New Error Message displayed: "Invalid or unsupported image file format!"

"Session 1 Time 00.00.00 AND "Track 1 - (long file Pathway)Image.bin Time Unknown " are now displayed in the Layout Window......

At which point I give up and go to Write and proceed directly with the write and it seems to work OK.

However, as the User's Guide suggests I would like to mess my CUE File "to my heart's content"...but since I only see one track describing the Image.bin file.....???? Not sure what to do.

The only thing I can think of is that there is tag data on the source audio files that cannot be read (as in the User Guide: Note: ImgBurn currently supports reading 'Tag' data from APE, Flac, MP3, OGG, WMA and WV files.)

Of course I am fairly sure that the only bug here is with the User.... :'( Apologies in advance for time wasting....and my sincere thanks for any assistance with this.

The feature you're trying to use is for *creating* CUE files, not editing them - hence why it's called 'Create CUE File'.

You have an BIN/CUE image file combo and it must be burnt in Write mode just as you would do any other image file.

I don't know why you can't click and drag... maybe you were dragging from somewhere that doesn't support dragging? You have to drag from an Explorer (or similar) window, not anything you may or may not be able to bring up within ImgBurn itself (i.e. a 'Browse' box).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.